• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Santa Picture #2 is the left side ok?

Started by battleaxe, June 02, 2011, 03:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

I substituted pine trees from a pic off the web, to replace the ones I think are in the pic.  Also got as much of the  father as I could.  Colour corrected multiple times but I think I'm not too far off colour. 

Is the left side okay so far? or should I darken the tress putting them more in the shadows? or remove them

thanks extra eyes are appreciated.

lol  now that I posted this I see I forgot the shadows on the floor from the trees,,,,

Mhayes

Hi Battleaxe,

The tree doesn't work and the quickest way to get a photo rejected is take something from another picture that is not related. This is a real mess and the more I look at it; I think it looks like two photos stuck together and I can't figure out the man on your left. I'm not sure how you are color correcting, but the 2nd photo is too far on the blue and the third has their skin too orange. When I looked at this photo in each of the channels, I couldn't tell if it was a small Christmas tree or a coffee table with a fake tree on top. I don't think we know. Also, this is an indoor shot as you can see the ceiling. I would crop this photo unless it is too small to begin with. The other thing is that you have another almost identical photo, so nothing will be lost by not restoring this one. Yes, there is the guy on the left, but he is so blurry as to be unrecognizable. I applaud your effort, but this one has a lot of detail lost.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

The father from what I can see in all the channels is behind a fenced partitioned area. I remember long ago being behind one waiting for my son's pic with Santa. (He'll be 29 this year) So I don't think it is two pics.
I'll take the tress out, for now that I look at it again, there is only the one tree with shadows either from the tree / the people on the chair  or photographer.  I'll figure it out. 
I was trying to boost the existing trees, using a pic from the web, but added what wes not there instead.   Sorry....will try not to do that again.

Thanks Margie......I'll start over  not adding (try not to add that is) none existing things to the pic this time.

Mhayes

Battleaxe, it really is hard sometimes to tell what is there and what isn't. I know you meant well by adding from another photo, but it never fits in well and sometimes it can be totally off. About 2 years ago there was photo posted where the volunteer added a Christmas tree with ornaments as big as dinner plates and she was dead set that was what was there. After calling the family it was discovered that the Christmas tree was really an old fashion spittoon.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]