• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Spring Break?

Started by Mhayes, May 16, 2011, 04:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

As quiet as it has been on the forum lately; I assume everyone is on spring break? I know the feeling coming off winter and wanting to get outside and enjoy the season. I don't know how to break it to you guys, but OPR is liking having year round school.  :(  OK, just kidding, but it sure is quiet around here.

We still have plenty of Nashville families awaiting their photos---there are 16 families for a total of 292 in the hold and 23 photos sitting in our galleries. I know that when we get this low, there doesn't seem to be as much interest since they are harder ones. In my gallery some that look hard are really not too bad, because they have plenty of available information within the photo. If we can get more out and also more back in---we will release more photos.

Right now we have two copy runs in the works, but at the rate the photos are going out is really too slow for us to handle more until we can get the Nashville photos done.

Now that I have cracked the whip, guess what I'm going to do? It's off to mow.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Spring break, if only that was true!
I got blue paint all over my hands and now I have to start with the white paint, yippee! 

Fixing up my place and I wish I was done!    :-\

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

It's autumn here so the days are getting shorter and colder. Still plenty of sunshine to keep the weeds growing though.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

battleaxe

Not Yet,
  We have been helping preparing for our yearly flood..... They  purposely flooded an area , a controlled release to help release the pressure on the Assinaboine River. Better a controlled flood than a uncontrolled flood they say. (180 square kilometers effected , rather than 225) They have divers at the two dikes that they breached, to monitor for any undesired breaks.

Pat

Quote from: Hannie on May 17, 2011, 05:40:21 AM
Spring break, if only that was true!

My sentiments exactly Hannie!  We are supposed to be having highs in the 70's and are lucky to hit the upper 40's and low 50's lately with wind chills in the upper 30's.  We planted annuals this last weekend and the first hummingbird of the season arrived Sunday –poor things!  :'(

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Johnboy

I echo Pat's sentiments. We had temps in the 80's a couple days last week and now back in the rain and it feels like fall. April was the second rainiest month on record here in southwest Ohio, and we missed tying the record by .16 of an inch of rain. All that mess on the Mississippi was contributed by us and others up stream on the Ohio River. I think the good Lord is trying to make up for last year's drought all at once.

Johnboy