• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Deadly Storms

Started by Mhayes, April 20, 2011, 01:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

At some point I hope to get a newsletter out asking volunteers if any of the areas hit were in their neighborhood. If there are volunteers close to these areas, OPR would like to work with you to see if we can help. It is a major help to have volunteers that live close by to help with a copy run. We were fortunate on the Austell, GA run to have all of the volunteers close by. In Tennessee, we were also lucky to have a large group from Nashville assist in the rescue. If you are close to any of the towns hit or you know someone who is---pass the word on about Operation Photo Rescue.

On a different note, we are looking into to helping those hit last September by tropical storm Hermine in Texas. This was around the Austin, TX areas where some residents got 15 of rain in a short period. Last week OPR received an email asking for help:

QuoteHi,

I am not sure if you are aware of the devastation left behind after TS Hermine traveled through Texas last September. 100's of people were flooded throughout the state and left without state or federal relief. As you know one of the items people faced was the loss of their personal belongs including photo's. as a flood victim myself, I would love to speak to someone to see if you can help and even possibly about reaching out to the design community in Austin to help. You can find more information at the following links or contact me directly.
http://www.rrwestflood.org/

Dan Schweitzer
I called Dan and said we would love to help. In the coming weeks I will keep you informed of the progress. Once a copy run is decided we will also need to start a fund raising to sponsor the copy run..

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

That would be great Margie. Its been a while since this event so people would be ready to get their photos restored.

I've been seeing the devastation with the recent tornados on the news. Such a tragic loss of life and a trail of destruction. :(
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Can't wait for the newsletter to go out Margie!  I'm sure there will be many OPR volunteer out there that are eager to help.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]