• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need some Help

Started by Sonya K, September 12, 2006, 11:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonya K

I am working on my third restoration and I need some feedback on the torso of the little boy in the photo.
However, I can't seem to get the photo into my post. 
Can someone please give me some instructions on how to put a photo into a post, and I'll add the photo and the rest of my question with it????
Thanks in advance.  I'm feeling not too bright right now....  :-[

~~~~~~~~~~
Sonya K

Kenny

Hey Sonya. Don't worry about having trouble posting images. I was the same way when I first started using forums.

First of all, do you have an image host? Photobucket.com and Imageshack.us are the two that I use.

• Upload your image to the host of your choice
  • Copy the code the image host provides for you (for forums)
  • On the post reply page, click the icon on the left..right above the smileys that looks like a little picture
  • Paste the code from the image host in between the IMG tags

Post your reply and that's all there is to it. You can test one if you want and if it doesn't work out look at the top of your post and you will see a "Modify" button. Click that and you can always remove the pic if it doesn't work.

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

Sonya K

Thank you so much for the information.  BTW....I laugh every time I read your tagline.  You know "there will be no living with her after this"  ;)

So my question is...do you think that this little boy should be tanned on his torso?  It looks to me as though the photo bleed went through his torso to make it lighter than it actually is.  I think that he was tanned in this picture and I should use the clone tool to make the rest of him match the top of his body. 
I need an extra set of eyes and another opinion on this one.

I've asked my husband his opinion on this, but he's just a software developer/project manager geek (no offense to anyone out there, it's an affectionate term in my house), and he has no sense of anything artistic.

This is also my first restoration done with my new Intuos3 6x11, and so there's a learning curve for me.  Not that I mind...
I love the tablet.  It is amazing.

So please, any thoughts, criticism, etc...  Keep in mind that this is not finished yet, but I don't want to over do the restoration either.

~~~~~~~~~~
Sonya K

havril

Hi Sonya
Yes I do think his torso and his right arm  need a little darkening. If you do duplicate layer and put it in multiply mode you will see the contrast  more clearly. Personally I wouldn't use the clone tool. The best and easiest way IMO is to select the light parts on his torso and arm Then press CTRL H to hide the marching ants {it makes it easier to see what you are doing} then go into:  Image /adjustments/ levels. and using the slider under the histogram adjust the lighter to match the darker. Deselect and if need be blend the edges between the lighter and the darker areas.

Hope this is of help.

Harvey 

Kenny

Sonya, I see a definite line where his torso has been lightened. It looks like the photo was taken mid day in fairly bright sun from the look of the shadows. His belly and arm should have a glow from the light, but he has a definite tan.

I would try using the clone and healing tools on a new layer and adjust the opacity to darken the torso while leaving the highlights intact.

Kenny

ps. I wear the Geek name like a badge of honor!

But why is the rum gone?