• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Some Cleanup

Started by Alan_P, March 31, 2011, 04:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_P

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if there is damage in the upper left. I think is is a reflection. It doesn't look like the damage in the rest of the picture.

Alan

haleygd

I agree, it looks like the fingers holding the camera reflected in the window. Good start on the damage cleanup, just need to match the local colors such as the white in the bed sheet, etc.
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

kiska

I say it's damage. Maybe the emulsion bubbling up and caught the copy stand lights.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

kevinashworth

Nice work so far, Alan.  Whatever that thing is, it's taking the attention away from the baby a little bit, along with those two light spots on the blue drapes. If it IS the reflection of fingers holding a camera, they're doing a good job of hiding the nurses face

Hannie

Great cleanup job Alan!

I was just about to post a comment but then Kevin already said it all.
The markers in red show damage and the yellow points to the nurses face.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Alan_P

lurch

Minor point - is that a nurse or a witch? >:D
<C>

kevinashworth

Alan - i've been hovering in the background and i reckon this pic is an ideal candidate to show you lot one of my tricks...

A successful approach that sometimes works with linear objects such as your blue drapes, or wall edges is to use motion blur. I don't know if you've ever tried it out, but motion blur applies a blur in one direction only.

Here's your work with motion blur applied to just the blue curtains at an angle of -87 with a distance of 130. It just smooths things out in the right kinda way and gets rid of the mottled look photoshop can give, especially after intensive rebuilding clone work.

lurch

<C>

Hannie

Love your tip Kev, just tried it and the result is beeeautiful!

Thanks,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Cool tip, Kevin! This should help with a lot of 'blotchy' problems.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Great tip, Kev! I've used this before and love how you can control the direction and the blur. This was a perfect time to use it and it looks very good!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]