• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Three Ladies

Started by coopmj, February 22, 2011, 02:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Hi All,

I have a question as I work on this photo.  I've done a bit of color correcting and scratch repair on the right side and now I'm beginning on the left side where there is a faded stripe.  I assumed at first that the woman in red was simply standing behind the first three.  But on closer inspection, it looks as if this is actually another photo superimposed on top (or something like that).  You can see the woman's foot through the elderly woman's sweater.  Also, the archway she's standing next to does not continue in front of her.  The back of the red coat also looks cut off.

I was wondering the best way to proceed.  I can keep the woman in red in the photo and simply try and correct the fade or I could try and take her out, replacing her with the archway and the building.

Here's the original: 

And here's what I have so far (I circled where the foot was showing through the sweater)

I hope I'm making sense!!

Mary

lurch

The thing on viewer left definitely looks like a different image to me. I'd take it out.
<C>

kevinashworth

I'd say it's a double exposure where the film wasn't completely wound over to the next shot inside the camera. Go with replacing her with the archway.

coopmj

I took out the mysterious lady in red and here's where I'm at now.  If you see any additional areas that need correction, please let me know!

Thanks!

Mary

glennab

Hi Mary.  Great job on this one.  I see only two minor things that I'd revisit.  The sleeve on the left (our left) of the lady on our left needs to have the folds of the sweater from underarm to inner arm by her elbow reworked a bit to show several smaller folds rather than the harsher line that runs to the bottom of her arm.  And along that side is a bit of a halo from the repairs that I'd clean up.  It's pretty faint, but I'd show even color and texture right up to her body.  Otherwise, fantastic!

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

I think the fold you're referring to is the strap of the woman's hand bag.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

coopmj

Hi GK,

Are you referring to this area (see marker on photo below)?  I think that's actually part of her sweater.  It appears to be a cable or "Fisherman's Sweater".  If you think it looks odd, I'll lighten it a bit.  I'll fix the halo too. (So many things I don't notice after I look at this for so long! :D)

Thanks!

Mary