• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Baby on a Blanket

Started by coopmj, February 15, 2011, 07:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Hi Everyone,

I'm welcoming comments and suggestions on this.  I'm happy to make any changes or do any parts over.  One question, there looks to be something on the picture frame at the corner.  I don't think it's damage (maybe something hanging?) but I could take it out.  Likewise, there's a line along the baby's head.  Again, I don't think it's damage but maybe it would look better if I took it out.

Here's the original:

Here's the work in progress:

Thanks!

Mary

Mhayes

Hi Mary,

I'm not sure what is with the picture frame, but do not think it is damage. Your restore looks really good and the only thing that would catch my eye is the blown out highlight on the baby's quilt. I know that it wants to do that when you color corrected. You might add a layer in color mode and sample a good background of the quilt to tone it down.  Nice restore!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Mary - very nice restoration!  I think the cutout look at the edge of the picture frame is a shadow from the lamp.  I'm gauging that by the direction of the light.

Cheers!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

JTJB

Hi Mary,

Nice job.  The top right corner of the picture looks to me like an oval mount.  If you look at the left side of the frame you will see the same oval edge. I am not sure if this is a mat mount or part of the frame, however it definitely looks like an oval mat to me.  You can make out a part of the frame edge in the top right corner, therefore there might be a little damage but very hard to notice.

JB.

Hannie

Hi Mary,

Great job!
The line on the side of the baby's face could be a sunken spot or it could be damage (extending a little upward on the blanket).
I don't know which one it is.  It is up to you but what I would do is lighten the stripe slightly.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

coopmj

Thank you everyone!  I will do a little more work on the blanket, baby's head and the picture frame (although I may end up leaving the frame pretty much as is.  I'm afraid much more work on it might make it even messier and too distracting.) 

I just wanted to add that I think it's really neat that I'm getting comments on this from around the world...what a nice community of restorers!  :up:

Mary

Mhayes

Hi Mary,

I would leave the frame as is and you really have done a fine job.

Having volunteers from around the world makes for a very interesting forum and some great friendships! Now all we need is for you to do is to add your location so that it will show under your name. To do that go to the "Profile" tab in the menu above and add what you would like to show in your profile.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]