• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding Vows

Started by Pat, February 28, 2011, 08:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hi Everyone,

This is the third restore I've done for this lovely couple and I found it by far the hardest.  Almost no area was untouched by damage.  I was able to use some info from the other two I'd already done and some useful info was found in the individual channels of this one. 

The face and hair of the maid of honor had areas without information and I saw no other side views of her in Tess's gallery.  I do realise that she does not look terribly realistic although I think I was able to keep a fair likeness of her.  Also the face of the best man suffered major damage and although I think I was able to keep a reasonable likeness of him he does not look terrific either.   

In short I'm wondering if there is any way this restore is going to pass muster.  As always I appreciate your input.  Thanks, Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Pat,

I think you have done a great job with a really tough restore. There are some things that you can't change such as over exposed areas with no details. I think those were caused from the sunlight overhead. I noticed that you have changed the perspective of the windows behind and made them all even and with backgrounds that are not in the original. I would keep close to what you see in the original. It's OK if they are really dark.

On the couple on your left, I notice that the hand position of the man is further back. I'm not sure that I would make his tie orange. The woman's hand has changed from the original. Even though the woman's hair is blown out; I would leave it that way and it also have it come more across her face. I would not put a pattern on the woman's blouse as it doesn't show that detail. I maybe off if you have done other photos and that is what is showing?

On the center couple, I'm not sure the man has a beard unless you have a reference photo showing that. Nice job on the lady.

The gentleman on your right has a lot of his features smoothed out.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Thank you Margie for your comments. 

My window backgrounds were not in the original photo but were in other photos of the same building. 
I've adjusted the tie color but it may not be correct.  I was going by the color of the tie's knot which seemed to be undamaged.
The pattern in the woman's blouse is the pattern in other photos of her.
I have done other photos of the center couple and the man does have a beard.

I think I addressed all of your observations in my corrected restore.  Please let me know if it's not satisfactory.  Thanks, Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Thanks Pat.

I wondered if another photo showed more detail than this one---especially the blouse. I think it looks great and I like the windows dark.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]