• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Stuck

Started by annekm, February 21, 2011, 01:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annekm

Hello,

Any suggestions on how to best properly replace the information missing in the lower left corner.
Would it be to clone or is there a better way? I've made some nice progress in the overall look of the photo but I've unsuccessful in my other attempts at fixing this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anne

iMac, CS5; NAPP Member

glennab

Hi Anne

I tried a couple of tricks to see if I could pull up more detail on the bottom left, but I had no luck.  I think your best bet is to clone and heal from the good portions of the man's hair and skin.  It appears there's enough to get a good restore on it, as his features are hidden, so all you have to capture is the contour of his cheek.  I might even try the content-aware healing brush just for a test.  What usually works best for me in a case like this is to get rid of the muck by cloning at 70% or 80% and then use the healing tools to bring back any lost texture.

Your color correction looks great. Something I'd do just to give the color a little more punch is to select the tree area and fill it with a nice medium green, set it to overlay and then back off on the opacity until it looked natural.

Good luck!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

annekm

Hi GK,

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I look forward to giving them a try. :up2: :)

Anne
iMac, CS5; NAPP Member