• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Wedding Day

Started by Pat, February 21, 2011, 08:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hi Everyone,

I thought this photo captured a truly beautiful moment in this couple's wedding day.  Let me know where you see the need for more work.

Before:

After:

Thanks!

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

Lovely restore Pat, now we can actually see what the couple looks like, great job!

I would love to share with you a great tip I got from Kiska a while ago, it works very well on this photo.
When you look at the separate R, G and B channels you can sometimes get lucky and find a channel with a better contrast that you may be able to use.
In this photo you will find the red channel has great definition of the faces of the couple.
I selected and copied the red channel.  Clicked on RGB to activate the color version of the photo and pasted the red on top of my layers, soft light mode.
Than I add a hide all layer mask, click on it and with the white brush painted their faces, hands or any area that needs it.  If you don't like the result you just paint over it again with the black brush. 
You can very the opacity of both brush and layer.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Hannie,
Thank you for the wonderful tip -and the detailed explanation on how to use it. :loveit:  While I didn't seem to get as dramatic results as you did, it is a definite improvement I think:

Hannie's tip plus levels adjustment:

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

Looks lovely Pat!
The owner will be very happy as I'm sure the couple is better visible in your restore than in the original.

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]