• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Any changes to uploading to Photoshelter ?

Started by woliver1, February 01, 2011, 02:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woliver1

All,
It has been a while since I restored and image.  Now that I'm ready to upload, the Photoshelter screen appears to have lost the "upload" menu item.  I could not find a similar post on the forum, so I'm stuck.   Tried the basics... ensuring I'm logged in, Firefox vs IE, etc, etc.

Thanks for any assistance.

:-\

Tori803

To upload, first go to http://www.photoshelter.com (rather than using the link on this page), and log in. You will see a menu on the left under My Account. Click on "Upload to Photoshelter MU". Then choose Operation Photo Rescue as the organization, ignore Photographer, and browse to find the image to upload from your computer. Then click on Upload and you're done!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Here is a link that should help that is in the New Volunteer's Welcome section of the forum: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1851.0.html

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lisarose

Hi There!

I just finished a picture, and I too can not upload to Photo Shelter.  The format has changed.  I can get to my invites, but there is no longer a menu with an option to upload like there used to be. 

It just displays my gallery, and that is it.  Not sure what to do...

Lisa

woliver1

Tori & Margie,
Thank you for the reply, but unfortunately there is something else going on.  I decided to attach a screen shot so you can see I'm not crazy.

The screenshot shows the "Home" page of Photoshelter.  Under the "Client" page, all I get is my profile information.  If I click on "My Account" within the Client page, it only refreshes the profile information.

This is why I inquired, as the upload option is not showing up on the webpage, either in Firefox or IE (both are latest versions, all updated).  And, yes, I am logged in to Photoshelter.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.  I may end up having to have my account reset, or deleted and re-added.  I suppose my next option would be to go through OPR tech support.

Lisarose

That is the exact same thing I am getting.  Thanks for sending the screen shot.

Lisa

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi everyone. When you go to upload to Photoshelter you need to go to http://www.photoshelter.com/ not the OPR link and if you are already logged in you will see the 'welcome back' shown in the screenshot below.

Click on that and it will take you to the area as shown below where you can upload.

I will add the extra screenshot to the welcome centre thread. It is a little confusing but Photoshelter has kindly donated our space so we try to keep up with minor changes they make over time.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

woliver1

Aahhhh..   That (not using the OPR link) definitely works.  Now I feel stupid. :wow:
That's what I get for not helping more often.

Thank you !

Tess (Tassie D)

Don't worry about it woliver, its been a while since I logged in that way and didn't realise an extra screenshot would be helpful.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Wolver1,

PhotoShelter has made some changes, so it is easy to get lost. After following the screen that Tess has shown; you will see this next screen. Where I have highlighted is a link to get their software to upload with. What I really like about the uploader is that I have it on my desktop as a shortcut and it is really a faster way to upload.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lisarose

Success!  I was using the link too.   ::)  Ooops.