• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Little Smokey Around these Parts!

Started by Veronica, September 06, 2006, 08:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veronica

*cough* *cough*

There are 16 fires burning across the state of Idaho.  I thought I would share my "wonderful" view today.  The smoke is so thick I can barely see the foothills.   :'(

I will never take fresh air for granted again!

glennab

Hi Veronica

You normally have such a lovely view, it's sad to see the smoke obliterating all those hills!  I hope the fires aren't close to you.  The smoke must be horrendous!

Be safe!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Veronica

Thank you. 

It is horrible!  I know it is mother nature's way of cleaning house, but I think she is working on over time this fire season.   :crazy:

cmpentecost

Oh, how I can relate.  I'm in Bozeman, MT, in the mountains, and we cannot see the mountains for the smoke.  It's better this afternoon, as we got some much needed rain, but otherwise, we have to stay indoors, due to the poor air quality.  I'm a healthy person, but my lungs were burning this morning, so I can't imagine what someone with a respiratory problem must be facing.

Pray for rain!!!

Christine

Veronica

Oh you do know!  I am praying for rain and a nice stiff breeze!  Blow this stuff out of here. 

Stay safe!

cmpentecost

That little picture below my name, which is kind of hard to see, is of the Abaroka Mountains, which are just beautiful.  I've not seen them in over a week, due to the smoke.  At least we got a sprinking of rain.....

Stay safe yourself!

Christine

Kenny

I'm from Oklahoma and we had massive fires last winter, so I feel for you. Stay safe and stay out of the smoke!

Kenny

But why is the rum gone?

Veronica

Thank you Kenny and Christine.  It is getting a little better.  Cool weather coming at the end of the week, so that should help!

;)

urbangranolagirl

yikes, that's horrible. I hadn't even heard about the fires out there.
Is this something that happens each year? Do you have home air purifiers?

All we keep hearing about on the news here in NY, is how those who breathed in the dust at ground zero are now getting sick and cancers, so take precautions!

best,
jennifer

Veronica

Hi Jennifer,

We do have a regular fire season here in Idaho and across the NorthWest.  They are saying this is one of the worst fire seasons in 50 years.  I believe the number mentioned was over 7 million acres burned.

It is crazy!  They are predicting snow in the higher elevations by the weekend.  I am praying that it comes. 

That just kills me about the ground zero dust.  Such a sad situation.   :(