• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Dave's Workshop

Started by Dave, June 23, 2006, 10:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allanpat

that first one is nearly flawless, great job!

the only thing i would change on the 2nd one is the pink spot in the middle of the baby's forehead.  playing with the healing brush a bit would blend the pink with the darker tan skin - right now that pink spot kinda stands out like a sore thumb.

Mark Wilson

Hi Dave,

Regarding the fishing photo, it seems like the haze is blueish in colour, so it is likely that you could fix it by working on the blue channel only.

It's alway a good idea to look at each channel separately right at the beginning of a project, you'll often spot things that aren't as obvious when looking at the RGB composite.

-Mark.
"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." - Ansel Adams 1902-1984.

Dave

The spot on the babys head everyone is talking about - I know some babys do have that spot there hehe, I have asked my partner to look and she agrees. I am going to adjust it slightly but I dont wish to make it totally invisiable incase it should have been there in the first place.

The fishing picture does need more work I agree, I will see what I can do with it. Thanks for your comments and advice  :up:

Dave

Ok I have changed the babys head to remove the patch but when I save it for web it seems to desaturate the image a little and the blotch on the head stands out even more. It does not look this way on the high quality version, I will post it up anyway

idyllopus

Others have commented on the pics in general.  I wanted to note I thought it was very nice the attention paid to the infant's shirt, the teddy bear graphic on it.  It's a sweet image and it's nice that part was attended to with care as well.

Dave

Quote from: idyllopus on June 29, 2006, 03:06:25 PM
Others have commented on the pics in general.  I wanted to note I thought it was very nice the attention paid to the infant's shirt, the teddy bear graphic on it.  It's a sweet image and it's nice that part was attended to with care as well.

Thank you for noticing, I did spend quite a bit of time on that as I didnt want the image to be cropped :) Thanks for the nice comment  :)

Dave

I personally feel this one is in the hard catagory  :funny: but this is my work so far, I have had a few tips already on how to do this and I dont think I would have got this far without the help.. what do you think so far?

Before

So Far

Mark Wilson

The forum's first Junior Member!  :up2:

You're doing great things with this image, Dave.

-Mark.
"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." - Ansel Adams 1902-1984.

Dave

Quote from: Mark Wilson on July 03, 2006, 01:16:31 PM
The forum's first Junior Member!  :up2:

You're doing great things with this image, Dave.

-Mark.

Does that mean I post too much?  :halo:

And thanks for your advice with this picture Mark and the nice comment :)

Dave

Well this is what I have come up with, I am not sure really what else I can do to the image now.

After