• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Happy New Year!

Started by Mhayes, January 01, 2011, 12:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Happy New Year Everyone!

Check out the new home page as I have updated and hit the "Read More" at the bottom to take you to the OPR Blog. I think you will enjoy reading the news article written by Autumn Allison, journalism student at Belmont University in Nashville, TN.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

Very nice write up, Margie! :up2:
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

The homepage looks good!
Thanks Margie and thanks for all that you do for OPR!

Happy New Year to everyone and thanks for all the great restores and hard work!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Jonas.Wendorf

Nice write up, Margie :-)!

A happy new year to everyone, hope it'll be successful to all of you!

Jonas
Best regards,
Jonas

Hannie

Anybody there?... there?...   there?...... there?........
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kevinashworth

I'm here, lurking about in the background.

Here's a laugh - now these photos aren't damaged, but they are bad...

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

Hannie

These are hilarious!  The comments are great, like the family expressing their true colors.   :)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Charlene5

Thanks for that Kev, it made me laugh.  Not easy to make a sour old woman laugh!

I've just discovered the blessing within the busy, busy, busy polyester print in my new fixer upper.  It is very forgiving.  I've actually (wait for this) painted in small bits of the damaged print, and with a bit of artistic blurring and dabbing with spot healing brush it looks like new.   Speaking of which -

I recently got a new notebook and His Lordship decided it would be a swell idea to buy me the CS5 upgrade.  I wasn't thrilled but gushed a lot.  I didn't think there was anything that would really impress me but there is - the spot healing brush with "content aware" choice ticked.  Some brilliant person at Adobe got rid of the tool's awful habit of dragging in every shade around it, whether it belongs there or not.  After some trial and error I discovered that if I'm very careful with the size of the brush - setting it to very soft and just a bit bigger than what I'm trying to hide - it does a very creditable job.  I still revert to the clone stamp when the light/dark is just too close, but on the whole that one tool was almost worth the pain of the upgrade.

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

kevinashworth

I'd like to have a look at one you're fixing Charlene. Any tricks to make ol' CS2 work in my favour are welcome.

Hannie

(I just had to try out my moderating skills and I thought this would be a good opportunity!  :))

Charlene's post (and Kev's reaction) have been moved to OPR Workshop - Moderate (topic name is Charlene's Workshop)

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php?topic=2968.0

Thanks,

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]