• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Christmas Fun

Started by Mhayes, November 30, 2010, 03:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

These are great everyone, but try to keep to a Christmas theme on this post. We love seeing pet photos and have a special place for pets on our Gallery: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery It will be the very last gallery on that page.

My cat Tommy's 1st Christmas at about 4-5 months old--now 6 yrs. He already had his present picked out and claimed.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

Best I can do. Will Jan. work?

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

MB

MB

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Hi volunteers

It's great seeing all the wonderful Christmas photos. I'm taking a short hiatus from restoring while I attempt to recover from losing my job, 5 of my cats, my best friend and part of my house (long story).  I'm on the upswing (whoo hoo), and shall try to find a kid photo of me (even though I'm in the witless protection program!) to scan and share.  Meanwhile, I thought I'd post my favorite photo of the smartest cat in the world (Scooter) after he dove into a box of Christmas "confetti" and decided to model it for us.

I hope to be back very soon.

Best wishes, love and hugs to all of you. 

Happy Holidays!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kevinashworth

Glenna - a big welcome back from me! I've noticed you haven't been around for a while and i was getting concerned. It's great to see you here again.

Pat

You've been missed for sure Glenna.  It's good to hear you are on the upswing -my prayers are with you.  Scooter is a real charmer.  Love those eyes!

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

GK, great to have you back as you have been missed! Hope things start to improve for you. I love the photo of Scooter and I get the feeling he was plotting his next move. Hope the holidays brings some much needed joy.

:hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Hi Glenna,

Sounds like you need a lot of this, hope things get better soon and look forward to seeing you back on line

Athol

Charlene5

I am still here and found this one on my hard drive.  I am seven and a half years old and it's Christmas Day.  We had just moved from New York to Los Angeles and I was terrified that Santa wouldn't find me.  He did :)  I still have those two dolls!

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Mhayes

Charlene5,

Great to have you back! You have been missed!

Margie

P.S. Are you playing with the dolls or dismembering them?
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Charlene5

Ah Margie knowing me I'm planning their demise :)  Found one other Christmas-y thing on the hard drive.  I think it was my first Photoshop project about four years ago.  Margot (also known as Margoat for her indiscriminate appetite) is my daughter's cat and I shamelessly stole the idea from somewhere.

Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

glennab

I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I wanted to share this wonderful photo with you.  This was for a Christmas play at my school in Hawaii - second grade.  (The angel costume is one heck of a stretch!) I'm kneeling, second from the left.

What is awesome to me is that the little angels were from the Philippines, Korea, Japan, Hawaii - and the mainland.  Given the nature of our global organization, I felt that this photo captures some of that flavor.  None of us realized that we were different.  We were classmates and friends... period.

Happy Holidays!

GK

BTW, thanks for the well wishes.  I'm on the upswing, and I'm hoping to be back restoring at the first of the year. 

Also - in keeping with the spirit of the above photo, I spent the last few weeks helping design art for "the first international internet girls singing group," and a lot of my art has ended up on Facebook.  Any of you on FB might want to check out Wild Blossoms.  Not for my art, but for the Christmas song they'll be posting within the next day.  I hadn't heard them sing together until today, and the song is so wonderful that it made me cry. They have lovely voices, the arrangement is unique, and they have a young composer from the Netherlands working on their music.  I think he's going to become a "name."

I was helping them because they didn't know anyone who'd do the art for free - and I needed a diversion and was intrigued by what they were doing. Do yourself a favor and check them out.  They're wonderful - and they all adore animals!  You know where that fits in my book.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)