• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Definitions please

Started by Pat, December 21, 2010, 01:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hi Everyone,

I've done a couple of searches and haven't been able to find definitions /explanations for any of the various titles /status designations following member's names.  Some seem pretty self-explanatory, others not quite.  Like what is the difference between an OPR Master and OPR Resident Expert and then there is the ever intriguing OPR Long Time Hero title which conjures all kinds of visions of restoration wonders and magic.  I know I am curious and perhaps some of the other Newbie's are also. 

On another note I recently came across a video that I've found very helpful and thought perhaps others might like it also:  http://vodpod.com/watch/4446823-cs5-frequency-separation

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tori803

Well, as to my title "Global Moderator", it just means that as the volunteer coordinator I can register new volunteers on the Forum. Alas, no magic up my sleeves!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

kevinashworth

Pat i'd like to know the qualifications for a Long Time Hero, too. I'm imagining a scene from a movie:

AT OPR HQ:

- "There's no way we're gonna do this. All our computers are down and nobodys gonna choose this last pic from the gallery. It's just too damaged."

- "We need help. We need... a HERO."

Mhayes

Very Funny! The titles really have more to do with how many times a member posts to the Forum, rather an OPR stable of Lone Rangers. If you participate often (some think "motor mouths) you get a title. The visual for mine of OPR Master would be like something from a Harry Potter movie with a pointed hat and me looking very wise (can't wait to see what this brings). All of this is really the result of the software for the forum. I'm not sure if there were different choices, but guess this was the best of the lot. The titles are amusing, but are computer generated rather than anyone passing some type of test.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kevinashworth

That's cleared a few things up. I wouldn't want a prestigious title like Hero, but really wish i could change my title to something like OPR New Member. "Newbie" has bad connotations to it.

Mhayes

Well Kev, your only choice is to post more often as I can't change your title. Plus, I think "newbie" and your cute little Santa's cap has a certain charm.  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kevinashworth

Merry Christmas. >:(

Pat

I like you Hero visual Kevin.  Maybe we could get him to change our titles? ^-^

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Hannie

Margie, I always thought OPR Masters look like this:   

Merry Christmas to you too Kevin!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

Somebody order a new avatar?

Pat :halo:
Pat