• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

First restoration

Started by ockre, December 29, 2010, 11:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ockre

If not how to publish the result of a restoration (if it is incorrect, please let me know), but here is my result, Comments and suggestions welcome.

Here it is! Before and After. Please help me check if the image is correct.

Mhayes

Okcre, I think you have done a great job on your 1st restore!   :up:  The only thing I would tweak would be the brick on the fireplace where you see the light coloring towards the left. You could use the color replacement brush and sample the colors nearby.

On your original photo you have posted it at 3.41 x 2.387 at a resolution of 300 dpi which is fine since this is a small photo. On your 2nd photo that is the restored version, it has a size of 34191.388 x 23867.638 at a resolution of 1 dpi. It would be better to keep it at the same size as the other one. What I do when I want to post something to the Forum and upload to PhotoBucket is to do a Save As in PhotoShop and give it another name than my final version. I go up to Image>Image Size and change the resolution to 72 or even 96. That will make it easier to load, but small photos can go with the 300 dpi. The original photo had the dimension of 5 x 3.5 at 300 dpi and what you posted on the forum doesn't have to match that, but wondered on your finished restore if the dimensions are still that size?

Nice job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Very nice restore Ockre!

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

ockre

I could specify that part of the design is the need to change?

Ok I changed to 96dpi to post to the forum.

Mhayes

Ockre,

That is a suggestion to help you on posting. What needs to be done is the fireplace and the rest looks good.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

ockre

Mhayes

Ocre, it looks better. Go ahead and upload back to PhotoShelter and that way we can see it at the original resolution instead of at 1dpi.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]