• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Odd bathtub?

Started by Atlantis, October 29, 2010, 04:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

First restore in months ... and I need some extra eyes as both RGB and LAB channels did not help me in defining the backside of the bath in this photo. It almost seems as if the wall in the back is also the back of the bath. I do not see the expected edge. I have never seen something like that before. What puzzles me even more is the ladder on the wall. Why place a ladder on that wall?

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

lurch

Atlantis, the odd bathtub is an all-in-one molded inset - the tub and the walls are all one piece. The 'ladder' is a place to hang washcloths - usually has a little shelf for soap/shampoo/etc. underneath.
<C>

MB

Atlantis, you must live outside the US.   That is a pre-frabricated bath tub & it is very common here.  If you do not see a line between the wall & the tub, is probably because is not there.  Most likely is one solid piece of plastic.  What you think is a ladder is a soap holder with a clear handle.   Your comment is cute!   I never post any answers to any questions, but I could not help myself on this one.
MB
MB

Atlantis

Thanks! And yes, I'm from outside the USA. Therefore I tried to find pics of such a prefab bath to see how the corner would merge into the bath and how this soapholder would continue downwards as well.
So far no decend references showed up so I'll need to improvise in that part.

ETA that I decided to start all over again because I realised something went wrong after the first colourcorrection. I totally missed that a to hasty c/p of the first layers changed the colours to much. I probably was to eager to start restoring again and totally missed that untill I unchecked the new layers I had been working on.
Sorry for the delay.

Tori803

Here's a link to a company that supplies this type of shower/tub: http://www.lascobathware.com/products/browseproductsbytype.aspx?categoryID=20

The pictures are a little small but will give you some idea of the shapes. Hope this helps.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Atlantis

Thanks it does help.

Sorry for the delay, hubby decided to do some major work on the only decent pc that has photoshop running ... ;( but things seem to be working again *yay*