• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Coming along but

Started by G3User, December 01, 2010, 12:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Any suggestions about how to handle the dress of the woman on the right, I am sure there is a pattern in there somewhere!

Still have to add some realistic(?) folds on two of the dresses and I suspect that the dress on the centre lady should be a bit narrower.

Thanks

Athol

Mhayes

Athol, great job on restoring this with so much info missing. I'm OK with the folds on the center lady, but the one with the long sleeves looks too broad--is that the one you meant? I also think what you can see looks like maybe she is sitting down? I'm not sure if the girl in front of her could have her dress blocking part of that woman. This one is hard to tell.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Looking good so far!
I agree that the white dress in the middle can be a little narrower than it is now.
It could be that the dress of the lady on the far right is partly blocking the lady's long sleeved jacket, like Margie said.

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks team,

I gave it my magical fix all treatment by totally ignoring it for a week, coming back with fresh eyes seems to clarify things. At least that is my story.

Decided to use the patch of solid colour below the elbow of the lady on the right as her skirt colour, there was no way to continue with the fabric above her waist and it seems to work.

You were right about the off white dress outline Margie, I was confused by some of the damage.

Hannie, I haven't changed the white dress on the centre lady. The outline I have used seems to follow on from the undamaged part, perhaps I should trim it back under her hand on the left. Let me know what you think and I will ship to meet the deadline

Hannie, did you get StegerJ_B6_21_06a_4x6 repaired.jpg and if so was it OK

Athol

Hannie

Great job Athol!

Yes, I did get your other Steger restore (it also looked great!) and somehow must have forgotten to send you an email.  Shame on me, can you ever forgive me....  :-[

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks Hannie,

It is on its way

Athol