• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from Virginia

Started by Alan_P, November 20, 2010, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_P

Hello everyone,

I just joined today and I am looking forward to learning more about photo restoration. I will post my first attempts and would welcome any comments on them.

Alan

Mhayes

Hi Alan,

Welcome to OPR from Kansas. We are delighted that you are here and it's great plan on posting to the forum. Not only is this a fun group, but you will learn different approaches on the best way to fix problems. Looking forward to seeing more of you on the forum.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Hi Alan, and welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy restoring photos for folks who've lost so much. While sometimes a bit challenging (well, more than a bit) it's always rewarding. Have fun!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

glennab

Hi Alan

Welcome from Florida!

It's always great to have new members. My hope is that you enjoy being part of OPR as much as I have.  I'm into my 5th year, and love being a member of this wonderful group.  Once you grab a restoration, don't hesitate to post it if you run into questions or challenges.  Someone's always available to give you feedback. Beware, however.  There are imps in the forum.  I'm not sure how they managed to sneak into our space, but every once in a while one might nab you.  And they're difficult to ignore.  You can try.

Cheers!

GK  
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

Welcome Alan from southwest Ohio. All the suggestions offered are good ones. I'll add one more. When you find a good tip that you might use later be sure to bookmark it for later reference. I hate it when something comes up and I remember a tip but can't remember the details and spend the next half hour or more trying to find it. It is like the definition of junk: It is something you keep for years; through it out; and need it the next day.

Once you get used to us be sure to have some fun also. You will note that in other posts that fun is poked in all directions. You know those imps that Glenna mentioned well give you a tip. Watch out for the distributors they pull all kinds of funny tricks because the photo in the gallery usually looks better than the one you get to restore. They say it is a high res low res thing, but they are just trying to throw you off the trail. Any way welcome Alan, and don't take anything too seriously unless it is help with your restoration.

Johnboy