• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lady in brown

Started by MB, November 18, 2010, 06:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB

The floral arrangements on this photo are to damaged to restore...Can I replace them with something similar.?   I have no idea how much freedom I have in decision making on the photos I work on...
MB

Tori803

If there were something in the original image that could be copied and used in place of that floral thing at the top I would use that. But since there isn't, I would check with the distribution coordinator and see if you can just replace it with the wall. Or maybe there's another photo that has a better view of the floral thing (a wreath?).

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

MB

Thanks Tori!!  I will wait to see what Hannie wants to do.  There was another photo taken in front of the fireplace, but the flower wreath was in worse shape.  The picture frame on the bottom of the picture was on a coffee table.  I think it looks out of place & maybe it needs to be removed.  Let me know what you want do do Hannie..

I had the brightness wrong..I got to start over, but let me know what you want to do about the wreath & plants on the fireplace.  I can not upload the new color & brightness correction since photobucket is out for maintenance.  
MB

MB

I think this one has better adjustments to the brightness & colors...
MB

MB

Thanks for the reference photo Hannie!!! Should I work on both photos?  They have so much in common that i can copy & paste a lot the work. 
MB

MB

Am I done?  This photo was harder than it looked.  I was overexposed and I had a difficult time trying to match the colors...let me know what you think....
MB

Hannie

MB, you have done a great job!  And this was a very hard restore, especially the colors.
I notice that there seems to be a bit of a red cast. 
In photos like this it sometimes works well to use the auto color correction, the result was quite good.  It just needed a little curves adjustment afterwards: lowered the whites some and darkened the blacks a little.
What do you think?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

MB

Hannie, you have a very sensitive eye!!!  How do you see such a small adjustment?  Your looks better & I will make the change. Do you want me to upload after I do the changes.   I was thinking that maybe I should wait on the upload until I fix the other photo which was taken the same night.  If I wait then I can match the colors between both photos.  What do you think? 
MB

Hannie

MB, thanks for the compliment but I learned most of the little I know right here on the forum.  We have so many skilled volunteers posting their techniques and tips.  Not a day goes by without me finding some usefull restoring tip here.
No book or website deals with the kind of damage repair that our volunteers have to deal with, it's a great learning place!

It is fine to wait with your upload until you finished the other, you may come across things that you want to change or match.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]