• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Is she done yet?

Started by Pat, November 15, 2010, 02:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

I thinking that this photo is done -but maybe I just need to step away from it for a while to get a new perspective.  So any thoughts, comments or suggestions would really be appreciated!

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Pat,

She looks great. The only thing that stands out is that the woman looks like she had been cut out and placed on the background. If you could soften the outline and I wonder if on your right if there might be more hair around her face. It's hard to tell, so will go with your call on that one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Yes Margie, now that I've taken a break and come back I can see that you are absolutely right on both counts -the cut out look and the need for more hair on that one side.  Thank you for the input it really helps.
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Pat

Hope this is something of an improvement (?)

Pat

G3User

Pat,

Perhaps a slight blurring of the background would make it better match the softness of the image. Also the edge of her face where it meets the background could be softened.

Nice job otherwise, now you can breath a sigh of relief ^-^

Athol

Pat

Great observation Athol -I like the improvement.  Thank you for helping!

Pat

Pat

Sorry, I see I just posted the wrong picture -this is the right one.

Pat

Mhayes

Pat, she looks beautiful! I've done the same thing by posting the wrong link. You can fix that my going to the upper right side of your post and clicking on "Modify." That will let you remove the wrong link and paste in the correct link. Hit save and the bottom and your good to go.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Margie, thanks for that posting tip -I need all the help I can get.  I guess everyone has guessed by now this is the first forum I've ever participated in.  Oh well, I am really enjoying it and everyone has been really great about helping me.
Pat

kiska

I think her pearls are too strong and well defined. Doesn't quite go with the softness of the photo.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Pat

Kiska I made adjustments to the pearls per your suggestion and think it is a definite improvement -thank you.  I also softened the neckline of her dress.

Pat

Hannie

Looks Great Pat!
This was a fun topic to follow, the end result turned out amazingly good.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pat

I had a lot of fun working on this one Hannie and due to all the wonderful suggestions from everyone I do think it turned out well. 
Pat