• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Man w/ 2 color of eyes

Started by MB, November 06, 2010, 09:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB

Margie, you are right the sweater is much darker....miscommunication & I thought i was done...let me post another photo tomorrow with the sweater more brown.  I thought your were happy with the photo....

Margie, we should have a rule that the owner of the gallery says "upload"  & then we know we are done with the photo...we waste less time in miss-communications...
MB

Mhayes

Morgan,

First off I was happy with what you had done with your photo. For some reason it didn't catch my eye that the sweater/jacket is now almost black. There is no texture in it, whereas the original had a very noticeable weave to it and looked a lighter brown.

The purpose of the forum is to get feedback from other volunteers. It worked well in your case as your finished version is much better than your first attempt. I said it looked good and it does, but the color is a dark shade and doesn't look like the original. As far as the idea that
Quotewe should have a rule that the "owner of the gallery says "upload"_& then we know we are done with the photo. . . we waste less time in miss-communications. . . "
First off: I never said "upload" and second that rule isn't going to happen. Reason one being that what you posted on the Forum is a very small file and until I download the finished photo from PhotoShelter; I really don't know if it is OK or not. As far as wasting time and the miscommunications—sorry, but it's bound to happen.  

Until you work behind the scenes as a distributor, you really have no idea of the volume of work it takes and the amount of emails to respond to. The distributors have been doing a pre-quality control to help speed photos to clear QC. Photos may have several revisions and correspondence back and forth between the distributor and volunteer. We do have a simple QC rejection letter and that might help us "waste less time" and clear up any miscommunications.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi MB,

It shouldn't take much time to bring some some light back into the jacket with a 50% gray soft light layer and the a 5% white brush.  You can try and place some "light" shadows like there are in the original and finish it with a 2% Gaussian blur.   (only on the soft light layer!)  

It would be much less confusing for everyone that reads these topics if you do any of the suggested adjustments in a new post in the same topic and leave the earlier posted photos as they are.
For instance: I said on page 2 that his eyebrow could use some darkening towards the nose and when a newcomer reads that they think:  "what IS she talking about, the eyebrow looked great already!" that wouldn't happen if you did your corrections in a new post!

I have done the same photo switch thingy when I first started posting, thinking I saved valuable space but not realizing how confusing it can get for others, so don't feel bad!
Your restore has come a long way, this topic has been much fun to follow.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

MB

Margie, you misread my comment on the "upload".  This was just a suggestion so I can feel sure that I am done with the photo.  After I read your comment "much better"  I assumed i was done & that is why I uploaded.  I thought it was a good idea, but i guess i was wrong.  I guess from now on I will just asked the owner of the gallery if i can upload.  I will avoid confusion this way.  I am sure you are extremely busy.  I did not mean "we waste less time"  as an insult to you.  I was actually thinking of me or any other volunteer waisting your time.   

One more thing, does photobucket has a limit on how much space i use?  I feel bad when i post to many photos. 

I will fix the color on the sweater & posted again when i am done.  Please discard the upload. 
MB

MB

Thanks Hannie, i will take care of the jacket/sweater & post it again...Hannie, your eyebrow comment refers to the right photo...that is the eyebrow i did not like...this the photo i uploaded & the eyebrow is fixed.  I hope you like it, I will fix the sweater now. 
MB

lurch

MB, it is a jacket, not a sweater. In formal portraits it was customary to wear a suit.
<C>

MB

Thanks, Lurch...I got this message just on time.  I was starting to add sweater texture to coat.  I think Margie wants back the texture on it, but i was getting ready to apply sweater texture.  I believe that the texture Margie refers to was the paper texture or album damage texture.  It took me a long time to remove the texture damage to the photo.  I don't want to use the original texture on the photo since it spotted & damaged.  I will try to find a better texture on the internet.  I just glad i did not apply the wrong texture...thanks
MB

MB

More texture on jacket

Less texture on jacket

Hannie they eyebrow should look much better.  I lighten the jacket & it look much lighter in my computer that on the post. Let me know if you like it.

Margie, I added texture to the jacket...but not the one you saw on the original since that was album damage.  Let me know if you like it and if I am done with this photo.   
Thanks
MB

lurch

Very nice job, MB - except for the jacket, which should have lapels as well as texture.
<C>

MB

Thanks Lurch for your input!!!! Hi Lurch....i am so confused with instructions...As instructed I had to remove the texture from album damage or texture paper from the photo.  The only texture on the jacket (which looked like a sweater to me) was from the album damage.  Aside of the texture paper or album damage there is no texture on the jacket & no lapels. I thought I had to leave the photo close to the original.  Do I have to create a jacket on him?  I am so confused!  If I have to create a jacket, can someone tell me if this photo is from the 50s or 60s. 
MB

Mhayes

MB, You are good to upload. Yes, it is a jacket, but you really don't have the detail and looking at a jacket from the 50's or 60's might help, but you wouldn't be able to use other than for reference.

Nice work!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

MB

It uloaded, let me know if there is any other problem...
MB