• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

AndersonJB13 Completed

Started by glennab, October 10, 2010, 08:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Margie

I just uploaded the Anderson restoration.  Other than the tonal difficulties, it went pretty well.  Let me know if it's okay.  I'm going to choose another, and promise to get it back to you sooner this time.  Thanks for being so patient on this one.

Hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi GK,

Good job on the repairing and there is only a few tweaks needed. I have to be gone most of the day and evening, so will be very late on my reply. Recheck the girl's knee on your left to make more rounded and even the shading on both knees. See if you can get the size of the extension to match the actual size. This is not your fault we may have to upload some of the photos again to have the right size. Also, I'm not sure if the piece of furniture goes up that high. You really had fun with the Christmas tinsel I'm sure. Great job of restoring on areas totally missing.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Margie - I just found your reply to my message.  I'm not getting all the unread messages when I click on "Unread" at the top of the window.  I'll revisit the restoration with your suggestions and get it back to you ASAP.

Sorry for the delay.  I did post a note to John about the Unread comments not always showing up.  I've been depending on that to let me know what's new.

It takes a while to go through all the threads to be sure I haven't missed any.  Guess I'd better anyway, since not doing so delayed this restoration.

GK

P.S. Please note the time.  Insomnia bites! (Actually, by my clock it's 2:15am)
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

GK,

I'm a little confused when you say you are not getting all your messages when you click on the "Unread" at the top of the window. First off, I responded to your post on the forum and not in the message part. I went back and there are no messages from you to me, nor did I put a message there. After you post to the forum, do you not have a column on the left side that shows "Recent Posts?"

Probably the easiest way is to upload your restoration and wait for a reply by email from me. Sometimes I may be a little slow, but usually within 24 hours.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Margie, maybe my browser shows something different from yours.  Ever since I joined OPR I've used the blue "Unread/Replies" at the top of my page to find posts I haven't yet read.  It's always found posts that I've not gotten to yet.  I don't go to the messages area at all.  Here's what the top of my OPR banner looks like:

Something may have changed.  Most of the time I use that function to go to other volunteers' posts to see what they're having issues with.  Once in a while I leave a message with you, Hannie or Tess in your "office" to let you know when I've uploaded a completed restoration.  Other times I send an e-mail.

I have nothing on the left of my screen that says "Recent Posts."  Maybe because I have a Mac, or maybe because I'm using Fire Fox things work differently than they did when I used Safari.

At any rate, if you just need for me to upload the image, I'll do that and wait to hear from you.

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

GK, I had no idea that what you are showing is different than what I see with Internet Explorer. Wonder if there are any other Mac users out there that do not have the column to the left with Recent Posts. If you were to go to OPR Home and then click on the Forum, same results? I can see now where that would really get old trying to see the most recent post.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

I have a mac and Safari. I have "unread" at the top and "recent posts" to the left. Maybe something to do with your preferences in your profile???
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

I could not find any preferences in profile that changed the "recent posts" bar on the left.  I even tried all the different OPR themes.

Glenna, does this mean that you also don't have the Photoshelter, Official OPR Handbook and Photobucket etc links on the left side?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Glenna, to switch the "Recent Posts" column on & off click the little arrow thing at the right side of the blue bar at the top of the page.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Max, mine is a bit different, in that my "recent posts" area is at the bottom of the page, and I don't usually scroll down that far.  That's what threw me.  Thanks!  And Hugs!  It's nice to see you on the forum - especially coming to my rescue.  I hope that means you're back!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

glennab

Hannie, sorry I didn't catch your question right away.  The rest of my screen looks as it always has.  I have all the boxes at the top. I think that's what initially threw me.  I went into my preferences area and couldn't find anything that I could click to bring the Recent Posts to the left of the screen.

I know when I was working on web sites at my job, I was constantly reminded that different browsers show different configurations of web sites.  I'll check Safari and see if it does the same thing.  I'd quit using Safari because it kept hanging up.  But in the last few months there have been 3 or 4 upgrades to Fire Fox.  So there are a lot of variables.

That notwithstanding, you all got me back on track, and I appreciate it so much.

Hugs!

GK

P.S. And our awesome AussiMax did it upside down!  What a guy!

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)