• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Final inspection needed? I tried my best....I am not to happy with the pic

Started by MB, October 07, 2010, 06:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB

This is the final copy

Has anyone experienced this?  The blue image appeared on the photo while i was working with layers.  I did not put it there!!!!     A while back photoshop was crashing on me & the crash report asked me for my email in case the engineers wanted to contact me.  I just got an email from photoshop asking questions on the previous problem i had.  I want to send this photo to them.  Is there a problem with me sending the photo to them?  Photoshop has to see this!!!!
MB

kiska

Now THAT is bizarre. You could send them the photo. Blur the faces and DELETE the personal info.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

weewood

MB, Are you using CS5 Extended? I saw a similar problem using CS5 Extended when I was attempting to rotate a photo in 3D. I could never recreate it though! Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

MB

Hi David, I am using CS5 & I was copying and pasting parts of the wall.  I was transforming & using warp tools.  But I was not near the bride at all.  Getting that magnification & turning it blue takes some effort.   I dont know what happened!!!! 
MB

Mhayes

MB,

Nothing against how you are working with the copying and pasting, but here is what I like to do:

• l. Made a copy of your original layer
    • 2.The 2nd layer is your WIP (might even have have more than one)
    • 3. Use the lasso tool to select an area you would like to use and then hit Crt J (Cmd J-Mac) to put it on its own layer. Now you can move that selection (Ctrl V and the arrow keys) into place or transform as needed. You also can mask it where there are parts you don't need.
    • 4. Eventually you can merge down to the next layer or you could even do a merge visible (make sure you are on the top layer)

I like doing it this way, because you have a way to go back and change something you don't like.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

MB

Thanks Margie, I will try your way.  I am really struggling with cs5.  It is actin up!  I am talking via email to photoshop & I am sending them screen shoots of what cs5 is doing.  Today I started to use the noise filter & it did it again.  A color appeared on the photo, but this time the distortions disappeared.  Should i post some of the screen shots....it is really unbelievable. 
MB

Mhayes

MB, it looks like Adobe will be your best bet, unless you can do a search on line for problems like what you are having. Sending Adobe a screen shot is good, otherwise do as Kiska suggested and go into personal info on the photo and remove the IPC information. Also do that when posting a photo to the forum.

I wonder if it would help to uninstall PhotoShop and then reinstall?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Very strange MB, hope you'll find a solution soon to this problem.  There are some serious issues with CS5 and the NVidia Geforce 7300 GT.  These 2 don't work well together at all and program crashes have been reported.  (weird, because this video card is not a bad one at all)

You wall repairs look great, 1 tip: do the levels adjustment before damage control.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

MB

Ok Hannie, I am almost done & I will do levels before I upload the image again.  
MB

MB

Hannie, did you get an email from Photoshop?  I copied you in the email....sorry about that, but they were asking questions about OPR!   I am having a hard time finishing this photo due to the problems with cs5, but i will try to uploaded it tomorrow evening....I was done with the photo, but I am having to fix things what cs5 has done to my restore..
MB

Hannie

MB, no I did not but I did reply to the email you sent to Irina and you included me.
Sure hope your problem will be fixed soon, sounds like it is your video card not working well with CS5.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

MB

I tried my best to finish this restore properly, but I have been struggling with the problems I am having w/cs5.  I take one step forward & move 10 steps backward.   This is the best I can do.  I dont know if you are going to keep it or maybe someone else can finish it. 

Margie & Hannie:   I was able to capture a video of the problem.  Is there anyway that I can uploaded on your site?  Then the photoshop team &  Irina can look at the video.  I am going out of town & I do not have a laptop.  I would love to have this problem resolved & it is very important for the photoshop team to see the video.   I hope this is just an isolated case with my computer....
Thanks,
MB

Hannie

MB, I'm not sure how to post a video.  Perhaps if you post your video on Youtube and place a link in this topic?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

MB, your problems are a surprise to me.  I have an Intel Mac Pro that's about 5 years old.  I bought CS5 5 months ago and haven't had a single problem.  In fact, I'm extremely happy with some of the new functions. I hope Adobe can solve this for you.  How annoying!  And frustrating.

Cheers (?)

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)