• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Nameless

Started by Hannie, October 06, 2010, 09:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

I found 2 comments in my gallery with no name of the volunteer provided, anybody?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

woodrow

Hi,
i guess that was me. I'm new and a little bit confused by how this distribution system works. I read the handbook and thought it would be sufficient to write "1st choice of x". Do I need to add my name to the comment?

greets
woodrow
greets

woodrow

kiska

Yes, add your name. That's how distributors know who to send the photo to. Thanks.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Hi Woodrow and welcome to the forum!

That is good point you made when you asked if you need to add your name to your comment.  Actually you don't!  The comment you left should have been sufficient and I should have seen your name automatically but I didn't.

I will have to figure out what went wrong so the best thing to do is to let me know, perhaps here on the forum, which photo you want to work and I will send it to you. (you could at the same time try leaving a comment again in the gallery as well with the same photo)

Hope this helps,

Hannie

edit:  Kiska I did not see your post before I placed mine.  I seem to remember that it isn't necessary to type your name as it shows up automatically?  (until yesterday that is!  ::))
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Oh, dunno Mz Hannie. Haven't requested a photo in a long time. We used to have to leave our email or name I THINK ...can't remember.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

woodrow

I wrote my name in the comment, so it should work now. I have another question. I expected to see more images in the gallery. Is this the average amount of images to choose from?
greets

woodrow

Hannie

Hi Woodrow,

I saw your comments again, you added Woodrow.  Again your (real) name was not visible where it needs to be for the distributor, the problem is not with you but with Photoshelter or OPR.  I have not seen this happen before and it will take some time to figure out what the bug is. 

In the meantime I have sent you an email with a link where and how you can download your photo.  Please let me know if this worked for you. 

Kiska, I just left a comment as an ME member in my gallery and it automatically shows my my full name to the distributor. 

Sorry about the bumpy road Woodrow but we will not give up!  :D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Woodrow,

Welcome to OPR and sorry for the problems in PhotoShelter. Hopefully they will be relsolved soon. To your comment about expecting more photos in the galleries. Yes, there are about 1,000 more, but we do not release them all at one time, because we would never get any one family's photos completed if we released a large number to our galleries. We try to get most of a family's photos done before we release new ones. We also only mail photos back when all are completed. Keep checking back as more photos will be released.

Great to have you on-board!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Woodrow did you get the email?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

woodrow

Quote from: Hannie on October 09, 2010, 06:12:34 AM
Woodrow did you get the email?
I did. Everything's fine, thx.
greets

woodrow

david_gr

Margie,

Regarding your comment about getting all or most of a family's photos being restored, some photos are fairly difficult.  (I hesitate to even try them.  :crazy: )  I see them sitting in Photoshelter for a fairly long time, like the wedding pictures in Tess's gallery.  What do you do with those?  I know the time of our experts is limited so I can understand how that can happen.  But I am curious how those difficult if not impossible photos are addressed?  ???

David Gr

Mhayes

Hi David,

Sometimes we take in photos that really are non-restores. If they are the only ones remaining, we will try to find someone to give it a try. They will never be close to the original, but any improvement is better than none. If the photo is really past the point of recovery, the distributor will make the call to pull it and it won't be restored. I have one already in the Nashville group that should not have been taken. One eye is gone and so is the mouth, which copying the other eye is an option even though most people's faces are not symmetrical. However, on this one the real problem is nothing on the face below the nose is there.

Now that we have an abundance of photos from Nashville, we will try putting more in as our galleries run down. There is also the possibility of posting the hard photos and letting it be a group project for everyone.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]