• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Advice

Started by lurch, October 02, 2010, 12:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurch

Been working on this monster for a while, and thanks to some creative frequency separation have made some progress. There's till a huge amount of work to do on it, as the attached WIP shows. Haven't done a thing yet about coloring, but that shouldn't be a problem. My question is what to do about the jacket. Doing a proper complete restore including the pattern will take forEVER. Should I just punt and make it solid?

Original:

WIP as it stands now:
<C>

Tori803

I hate to say it, but I think the jacket and tie add a lot to the 'sweetness' of this photo.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Hannie

Hi Lurch,

I'm terribly sorry but there has been a bit of a mix up in my gallery and in my eagerness to finish the Galveston photos and get them ready to go home I accidentally issued this photo to 2 volunteers.   :-[
I promise this will not happen again (until next time!).

Here is the restore that our first volunteer did, there may be a way to combine the best of both... OK, I know I'm trying to weasel my way out but you can't blame a girl for trying!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

Hi Hannie,

You have good reason for any mixup, given what you've been through lately. No need for apology. FWIW, I'm going to finish my version of the photo (good practice if nothing else). And I'll restore the jacket pattern too.

Your job in the end will be to decide which version to send home, without letting me or the other volunteer (who did a great job, by the way) know which one you chose.
<C>