• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Almost done - critique, comments welcome

Started by Megin, August 17, 2010, 04:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megin

Ok. Almost ready to stop working on this one. A little more work on the curtains, shadows and whatever might be underneath the lowest cake layer on the left. Suggestions?

glennab

Hi CA

What a wonderful job!  I see only two small things that I'd try to remedy - and I mean SMALL!  I'd  add a little burn to create a shadow under the right side of the groom's mouth (as we look at him).  Without the shading, his mouth looks slightly askew.  The only other thing I'd do is add a little shading on the flowers, as right now most of them look very flat.  It would probably take only a 10-20% circular darkening to just suggest petals.

I'm not sure about the bottom of the cake.  Maybe someone else will have a suggestion for that.

Cheers!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tori803

Perhaps for the bottom of the cake maybe just darken it up so it looks like it's in shadow?

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Megin

Thanks, great suggestions. Let me see what I can do.

lurch

Lovely job! I have one observation to make about the bride's veil (courtesy of working on another photo from the same wedding). The veil is only about elbow-length - your restore has it much longer on the bride's right.

On another vein, could you (or Tess) possibly send me a copy of the original? My shot has little detail for the bride's bodice and sleeve, and I could use the reference info.
<C>

Megin

Ok. Must stop working.... ;-)
Here is the final version - tried to incorporate all your suggestions.
@Lurch - Did you get a copy of the photo that you were looking for?
Thanks! ~ Megin

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

Lovely job, Megin! To answer your question, no I never did. Tess is probably quite busy getting used to caravaning. Would love to have the extra detail available - still working on the Robinson photo.
<C>

Megin

Ok. I have this one and one other that I used for reference. What is the best way to get them to you?