• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Orphans

Started by Hannie, August 16, 2010, 05:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Hi Everyone,

I have placed some photos in my gallery that are long overdue, they are
Chipman
Daniels
Martisek
It would be great if these could be restored, the rest of these family photos are all done and waiting to be sent home.

Thanks,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Stathakos same story, long overdue and quite hard to restore.
I declare that I will accept any improvement/cropping at all on these orphans.  :halo:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

Hi Hannie,

I've signed up for a couple of the Stathakos orphans. Hope I can do something useful with them.
<C>

Hannie

Lurch, you made my day!

They are on their way, let me know if you still want them after you them full res... ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Megin

Sent you comments on a couple that I'd be willing to try as well. Not sure how much I can do on some of the tougher ones, but I'll give it a shot ;-)

Hannie

Thanks Megin, that really helps!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Hannie

I noticed that there's one Martisek left in the gallery.  I'm behind on my Smalls (and everything else), because my best friend died two weeks ago, and I'm just starting to feel like a human again (sort of).  If the Martisek will finish a family's photos, I'll be glad to do that first, as I noted there are still some Smalls photos to be done. I left a comment on the Martisek image. Let me know. It shouldn't take long at all.  Maybe the restorations will help get me back on track!

Hugs,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Hi Glenna,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, I wish you all the best and hope you will feel better soon.
Yes, the Martisek is long overdue so it is a great help if you could work on it before you finish the Smalls restore.

Thanks so much

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie, thanks for the kind thoughts about the loss of my Lynne. I knew it was coming, but I had no idea how painful it would be.  She was one of my soul mates.  I know she's still here watching over me, because I feel her presence. And... she was a glamor-puss - loved makeup, glitter, diamonds - all that girlie-girl stuff.  I got up yesterday morning and there was a sequin in one of the cat water bowls.  It was Lynne saying hi.  Very comforting, and made me smile.

I need to get back into life, so the Martisek restoration will be a great way to start.  Shouldn't take long.  By then I'll be back in the groove and will attack the Smalls monster.

More hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tori803

Sorry to hear about your friend, Glenna. Personally I've found that, while time doesn't 'heal all', in time we do come to remember the good times more often than the sorrow, which is a comfort.

:hug:
Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

lurch

@Hannie - I've had some chance to study the two Stathakos photos. They ain't gonna be easy, but should be doable. With the first one, the main problem will be color balance. The second will take longer because of all the spot-type damage. Both will require extraction of the figure from the background; that will be a challenge.
<C>

glennab

Tori, thanks for your thoughts on my Lynne.  You're right about time taking some of the sting away.  We knew that she wouldn't be with us much longer, so in a way we were prepared.  I find myself thinking much more of the wonderful times we had  and the dear person she was - much more than the grief and loss.  For one thing, she'd come down and kick my butt if I were sad too long.  We shared too many great things to dwell.

Hugs!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)