• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Dead In The Water

Started by Mhayes, July 25, 2010, 12:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

If you have tried to reach me by either OPR mail or my personal email--Good Luck! I cannot access either one. All would have been fine had I not order PhotoShop CS5 and then found out that Windows XP could not handle it. So what did I do? I ordered Windows 7, but could not locate either password. And lets not forget the fun that everything else like Wacom tablet, printer, wireless, etc. needs to have an updated driver downloaded. I guess the good news is that this keeps me off the streets and out of the bars--no so sure about the latter.  :funny:

Miss Clueless in Kansas
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Clueless,

Photoshop CS5 should work with Windows XPsp3, but it is a little late for that now!   :)
Passwords are a pain, you get so many after a while .  I have written them in a notebook but it is still easier to request a new password then to flip though all of those passwords that I acquired over the years. 

Maybe you should have a stiff drink before you try again!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Hannie,

I need more than one stiff drink as things haven't improved. The only bright spot is that I found with Windows 7, I can get free virus protection for free--until I find that is a fairy tale. Last night I installed the driver for the wireless and discovered that it needed an updated driver. I call the closest store some 30 miles away and they give me a 1-800 number for help. The lady tells me to just get on the internet and download to a flash drive on my computer. H-E-L-L-0, if I could get on the Internet I wouldn't be having this problem. Long story short, I drive over to the store only to be told Tech support has gone home. This is where I should have held them at gunpoint until the local TV stations to cover this late breaking news. Instead I appealed to the guy's vanity by explaining all he had to do was go on line and then download to my flash drive--mentioning simple and anyone can do this worked.

I will spare everyone the details of my being up till 3 am trying to get a replacement password for my two email accounts. I left a farewell message on my computer's geeks email and would you believe he came in on Sunday and got on my computer to get a new password. I thanked him and told him I would climb down from the roof.

:D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]