• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Little girl and chain link fence

Started by haleygd, June 29, 2010, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haleygd

Figured I throw the first shot of this out to see if I got the color balance right. I have done the first rough cut of background patch work, I haven't started on the little girl yet. Does anyone think she is wearing slippers or is that just gunk where I think her left foot is? Or is she barefoot?

Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

glennab

Hi Gary

I tried all my tricks, and I couldn't tell anything about the little one's feet.  The debris that starts just below her ankles has no detail.  The only thing that I could think to do would be to have the grass long enough that it covers that area so her feet are hidden. My suggestion would be to make the foreground green grass, as in the background.  The color you've pulled out looks good, if maybe a little dark.  What a total bear!  You're a brave man!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

lurch

Ah, Gary - Gotta agree with GK. You are a brave, brave man. As far as color balance goes, I'd bring the darks down some.
<C>

haleygd

Well I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July weekend. I have put some more work on this one and thought I'd throw it out there. As always thoughts and comments appreciated.

Cheers, Gary

Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Tori803

Hi Gary - nice job!

I think, though, that the girl's left knee and foot point a different direction.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

haleygd

Well, here's version 3... In looking at it, I can see the color patches on the dress seem to be too bright...

haleygd

Did some more tweaks and looking for a final critique.

Johnboy

She looks great Gary. I notice on her dress that the colored patches by her elbow, at her waste in front and at the hem in front look to be a dark color in the original. Just wondering if they should be red or another color. I am wondering if they were blue. You might take the patches down a little more.

Anyway she is looking great compared to where you started.

Johnboy

Hannie

Hi Gary,

It almost seems like the little girl is wearing Mom's shoes.
Your clean up looks amazing but I like your first and second version of the restore best.  With the faded little dress, noise and all. 
The girl's face in your latest version looks different?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

haleygd

Hi Hannie, I'll look at her feet and replace the original dress. The only thing different between v3 and v4 as far as the face goes is I tried to add a hint of a right ear.

haleygd

Hannie,
I am not seeing the shoes in the original so would like to keep the feet 'hidden in the grass.' So here is one with the original dress...