• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Boy and his dog

Started by haleygd, June 25, 2010, 08:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haleygd

I think I eeked out the dog's head and neck, thanks again to the blue channel. I was really confused as I looked at it in the gallery (I thought it was a little dog sitting on something lost in the muck). Now I am not so sure about his (her?) legs. I am assuming the dog is sitting as traces in the blue channel have the back sloping down (at least my eyes see that anyway). Should I try to construct the legs/body or just leave a black corner?

Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Hannie

Hi Gary,

Your restore so far is already looking good! 
Yes, it is a large dog sitting on the floo in front of the couch I think.
The couch on the left side could be a little shorter, I copied the blue channel in the image below.

You can always try to give an impression of his legs and if it is too difficult keep it dark?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Gary

I'm impressed with the work you've done so far.  I'd agree with Hannie that there's no detail to be had on the pup, so if you can give an impression of legs and just keep everything really dark, that's your best bet.

The only thing I'd add is that where the dog's back and ear meet seems a bit too steep a transition.  I filled in the "corner" between ear and shoulder with a bit more dark and it seemed more natural.

Onward and upward!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

GP

Could it bee, that the dog is sitting on something, like a foot stool? The distance between the body of the dog and the floor is quite large. He would have to have really long legs even for a big dog. Also his posture somehow suggests that he is sitting, not standing.

I know that helps a lot  ???

But you are of the a great start  :up:
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

lurch

Just a thought - maybe the dog is lying on the sofa with front feet hanging over the edge. Isn't it fun when you have no idea what the shapes are? You can let your imagination run wild, sort of. In any case, it's fortunate that the dog is black - makes blending off into darkness much easier.
<C>

haleygd

Thanks for the ideas, I realized I had gone to far with the couch and it needed to be trimmed up. I agree with the neck line needing thickening on the left side too.
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

haleygd

Ok, here's where I am at.  I went google image hunting for a sitting dog and then made a selection which I overlaid on my work in progress and then filled as appropriate. I think I am ready for a final look.

Hannie

Wow, that looks good Gary!

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

haleygd

ok, sending this one home.

glennab

Looks awesome, Gary.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tori803

The perspective on everything looks right now. Great job!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge