• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I May Be Slow

Started by Mhayes, May 11, 2010, 12:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

No, I'm not talking about my mental capabilities.  ;) The next couple of weeks I may be a little slow in getting back with you, because my husband is in the hospital. Sunday we went to the ER and by 3 am the next morning (and 2nd hospital) he had surgery for a twisted colon that had to have a section removed. He is still in ICU, and hopefully will be moved into a regular room by tomorrow. I will be spending most of my time at the hospital, but. I will be checking in. For now Hannie has volunteered to take over my gallery. You must be very nice to her or else you will see her avatar of the Hun return--you don't want that to happen!

I will also keep you posted on plans for Nashville. Right now it is a wait and see as to where we might be able to set up. We have already received emails with people desperate for us to help restore their photos. If you know any friends or relations that can spread the word--do it as word of mouth gets the message out the best. Thanks George Hoover for doing just that!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Margie, I'm so sorry that Jerry's in the hospital.  Didn't anyone tell him that that's the worst place in the world for a sick person to be?  Sounds as if what he's dealing with is serious but not life-threatening.  Please tell me that's true!  Be sure to get some rest yourself, and know that the old farts down in Gulfport will keep you both in our thoughts, prayers and hearts.

Hugs a million!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Margie I hope Jerry is recovering well. What a lot of stress to be under.   :hug:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Hang in there, Margie! Hope Jerry's condition is improving and you're getting more rest.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Thanks Everyone!  :loveit:

Just a quick update about Jerry. He is still in ICU and only got off the ventilator yesterday. Last night his heart was racing and they gave him some meds to bring in down. They had a cardiologist do an sonogram last night. He would have been a 5 which is high and this morning he is a 12 which is bad! They are going to shoot dye up to see if they can find the problem. This is a guy with great blood pressure and no signs of any heart problems.

Very Worried in Kansas
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Marydh

Margie,
Just sent a prayer for you and your husband.
Take care and rest so you don't get sick.
Mary

lurch

Margie, sending all sorts of good thoughts your way. Hope your husband's problems get sorted out successfully, and that he gets well soon. Take care of yourself - you're no good to Jerry if you let yourself get sick.
<C>

Hannie

Margie, my thoughts are with you and Jerry.

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hubby suffered a heart attack this morning. They found out he has major blockage, but cannot do open heart surgery so soon after the other. Say a prayer that I don't loose my love of 40 years.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Marydh

Rbm

Greetings,

My prayers will be there too.

Richard

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Candice

You know you're in my thoughts.  Hard as it is, Margie,  keep care of yourself too.  And give Jerry a hug from me. 

C
Candice

glennab

Margie, I'm hoping that as I write this Jerry is doing better.  I'm sending up prayers to every deity I can think of that he pulls through all of this just fine.  Must be a scary time for both of you.  Please know how much we care and are hoping that he's home and feeling great very soon.  Love to you - the stress of having a loved one ill is, I think, worse that being ill oneself.  Take care of yourself and get rest whenever you can.

Please give J a big hug for me, and of course I'm sending plenty to you as well.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)