• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

KirbyK9_8 Ready For Review

Started by Rbm, February 16, 2010, 11:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbm

Greetings,

I think this one is ready for final review.  I'm not too happy with the head of the guy on the left.  I have lost track of how may times I have reworked this poor guy's head.  I'm open to any suggestions for what else I can do.  Please take a look at the whole image and let me know what else I need to fix.

Thanks,
Richard

Mhayes

Hi Richard,

You have done a fantastic job on this one and I tried playing around the gentleman's head on the left. Here is a quick and dirty I did before getting ready to go to work. It is really hard when features are missing to get the look right. The one thing I noticed that the original has one good eye and you will see the pupil and iris very well--Red Channel was the best. This will help so the eye isn't just a dark circle. Because I couldn't see a larger view of the his face on your restore; I wasn't sure what the eyes looked like. The other eye show a hint, but pretty much gone. I copied the good eye and added it to its own layer, transformed and did a horizontal flip and moved into place. I then rotated and transformed some more to reduce in size. I still don't think mine looks right, because the eye is too high. I think the man need to look older with the folds around his chin showing.

Great job!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

lurch

First impression only - I'll look in detail in a little bit. The gentleman is wearing glasses, which you've left off. Might be part of why you're having a hard time getting the face looking as good as the rest of the photo?
<C>

Rbm

Hey Margie,

I did use the left eye to replace his right eye but in the process of doing his head over and over I may have lost some of the eye detail.  I'll go back and look at that and I will also try to add a few more or deeper folds to his chin.

Thanks,
Rbm

Rbm

Hey lurch,

Thanks for the input.

When I first looked at this photo I thought I saw glasses too.  When I zoomed in to clone away some of the damage I could not see any evidence of a stem for glasses along the side of his head or going over his ear.  That was my reasoning.  I will include a close up of the original.

Thanks,
Richard

Mhayes

Lurch, I downloaded the original and I thought he was wearing glasses too, but it doesn't show them in the original. I think because this comes in at a small size, the damage has made it look that way. I looked in all three channels and did not see glasses. Hannie or Tess, maybe you can see if you see them in the original.

Richard, because I couldn't see a larger view of the man's face; I maybe off about having the eyes so dark without the lighter part of the iris showing.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Definitely no glasses in the original. I had a play with the original face and overlaid it on your restore to bring back a few wrinkles? I used your eyebrows and nose and copied/mirrored the eye. I gave his hair a little more height as well.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

You all are right about no glasses. It was just an artifact from looking at it small.
<C>

Rbm

Hey Tess,

I have downloaded your changes and will add them to my version.  What you did looks much better.

Thanks,
Richard