• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

winterparade - question on outfits

Started by Atlantis, February 09, 2010, 04:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

This should not be that hard but some outfits make me wonder.
Would there be some kind of decoration on the boys shoes (boots, bottom of his pants) ? And are those white spots buttons or damage?
Is the lady in the red coat having black makeup stripes on her forehead, is it hair or plain damage?
I think darkening the background would be the best option as I cannot see any person or object in the light spots and rays, I think it's part of the overall scratching on this photo.

original

work in progress with green marking my most important questions
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

glennab

Atlantis, I think the boy is wearing boots with tassels or pompoms on them.  If the white were only on one, I'd say damage.  And they seem too large to be buttons.  My first impression of the lady's hair is that the black blob is part of her bangs, but then it doesn't follow the path of the rest of her hair.  That's a tough one.  My tendency would be to make it part of her bangs and smooth around it for lack of knowing what else to do.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Atlantis

After another look at the boots I started to see patches of the same fabric as his trousers.
I also think the white spots on his vest could be buttons so I left them in.

I sent the winterparade home but Tess feel free to ask me to redo the center. I could not decide what object the lightlike spots were and finally went for burning them out. Before that decision I tried to repair only the scratches in that area but it looked so odd.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.