• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

My Gallery is Back UP

Started by Mhayes, February 08, 2010, 02:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi All,

I now have photos back in my gallery and I thank Hannie and Tess for taking care of things while I needed to take some time off to do a wedding and also for starting a part time job that will only last till April. It looks easy enough to take over my gallery, but the hardest part is chasing down photos that don't come back.

Even though I'm releasing a new crop of photos from the African American Museum; I still have a lot out from an earlier release that have not been returned. I know that on some photos that are real bears to work on, it may take longer than the 1-2 weeks and may take a month or longer to work. On those, all I need is for the volunteer to contact the distributor and ask for more time. This is not a problem and we understand. What I don't understand and find really irritating is those volunteers who take a photo, never ask for help, and never return their photo. We spend a lot of time trying to keep track of outstanding photos. Some photos stay out so long, that we will put the photo back in the gallery for someone else to work. I had one come back 4 months later with a note from the volunteer: Sorry this took so long. This photo had been restored long before and was already back to the owner.

I guess I am preaching to the choir on this, as my regulars on the forum are not the guilty ones. As soon as I have a chance to see what ones from the African American Museum are still out; I will resubmit back into my gallery. I know from watching the forum which ones are still in progress and those volunteers are fine and I understand, but for the others, I no longer have time to baby sit.

Now that I have dispensed with the stick, now for the carrot:  ;D Thanks to all of you who rose to the occasion and got the Boyland and Baron photos from Austell back in. You did a great job and will keep you posted on when the interview with Fox News will happen. I really appreciated how you got your photos back in good time. Thanks!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Glad you're home.  Now back to work!!   :hug:
Candice

Mhayes

Thanks Candice, I knew there would be a catch.  ;)
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]