• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

content aware scaled image

Started by paulus, February 04, 2010, 05:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulus

Hi

I've got an image which has been shot on top of another image

I thought I'd try out content aware scale on my cs4 version - I've not really done anything else apart from stretch parts of it and a very rough clone and colour correct & shadows/highlights.

The problems area with the stretch are the arm of the sofa and the leaves - wanted to avoid cropping if possible

Do I correct the slightly bent clock in the original? or leave as is?

Any advice or guidance would be great
Cheers
Paul

Hannie

Paul, how smart of you to use that new CS4 tool, didn't even know it existed.  The result is great, can't even tell it was stretched.  Did you mask everything except the wall?

that clock, I know it looks out of shape.  Would it at all be possible that this clock was curved that way, anyone?  If not, it won't hurt to straighten it.

nice job,

Hannie 

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

paulus

Hi Hannie,

For it work you create a selection of the things you don't want to stretch and save it.
When using content aware scale select protect drop down and choose the selection you saved.
You can also choose to protect flesh tones.
Then you just drag the image to re-size.

Only problem with this is the grain which is stretched in places and looks rubbish - like small smears

- so I'll have to reduce the grain first when I repair the image properly.

Cheers
Paul

Mhayes

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the instructions. I knew this was in CS4 and one of the things that get raves, but didn't really understand how it worked.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

paulus

Finally got the time to work on this

Corrected the image and then stretched it and re-corrected the pixelated areas - chair is bigger as is the wall areas.

As usual any criticism or comments very welcome

Cheers
Paul