• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

first restoration

Started by Bradsdad, December 30, 2009, 06:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradsdad

Hi all, This is my first restoration for Opr and i have posted this image back but i was wondering if it was acceptable as i didn't adjust the levels as i wasn't too sure if i was allowed.
( i apologise in advance if i have posted this in the wrong section i am new to these forums lol)
Thanks
Rob

kiska

Rob, that looks great! Especially the top of the head. Did you have a reference photo?

Color correction: levels and curves is the FIRST thing we recommend you do. VERY much allowed.
On this screen shot you'll notice I selected the white damage across the top and masked it out. Sometimes that much white (or black) can confuse levels and curves. I then went into each RGB channel in levels and brought the two outside arrows to where the graph starts to go up. This generally gets you in the ballpark.

Also, on his left leg. I believe he's standing on it. It's straight. The shadowing looks almost like you tried to show a knee.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Bradsdad

Thanks kiska for you info its much appreciated, there were 2 photos of this person and in 1 the head was complete so i copied, i have adjusted the trousers and levels on this pic.
Thanks
Rob

Hannie

Hi Rob,

Congratulations on your first restore, great head transplant!

I think there is a stiched-on-pocket on the left side of his trousers, hence the funny looking bulge?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bradsdad

Thanks Hannie your right there is a stiched-on-pocket i will have to take more notice in the future lol
Cheers

lurch

Nice job on the head transplant! They're often not easy. If I were doing this one, I'd desaturate it just a little to tone down the high-contrast look, and take the yellow/green cast out of his jeans. But I'm not doing this one - you are!
<C>