• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Snow!

Started by Atlantis, December 17, 2009, 08:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

We had more than 20cm snow overnight. This is not normal in my part of the world. A few snapshots - thumbnails to ImageShack as they're to big even after resizing twice ;)

Around 8 this morning. Luna thinks this will be fun but after three jumps she changes her mind and tracks back inside :

An hour later, pics taking through the backdoorwindows :

Almost noon, the traces the cat made are being filled up:

At this moment it is still snowing, schools have closed, my class for tonight has been cancelled, no public transport, traffic is a big mess, a bridge opened and cannot close, one expressway is closed due to snowdunes and they expect more wind to create more snowdunes
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

kiska

WOW! That IS a lot of snow.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

How beautiful! You are going to have a white Christmas, just in time to take more pictures. When you upload photos for the forum, have you tried changing the dpi to 72? That should make them the right size, unless your photos are already that resolution. If they are jpgs at 72 dpi to begin with, then change to the dimension you want at 300 dpi and save. Go back to that photo and for the Web, go up to Image>Image Size and change to 72 dpi and it should not be too large. You can also optimize for the Web, but I usually just change the dpi.

Funny about the cat!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Atlantis, who ordered all that white stuff?  I'm with Luna.  Take a couple of romps around, and as soon as the toes get cold, head back indoors.  Maybe make a snow angel just to say I've done it.  What do you suppose a cat snow angel would look like?  Stay warm!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

The look on Luna's face in the last one is priceless!!    :funny:
Candice