• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Countdown to Austell, GA

Started by Mhayes, December 03, 2009, 03:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

The countdown to our next copy run in Austell, GA is in full swing. Some of our volunteers will already be in route to Austell. At the prestent time we have eight volunteers that will be going on this run: Kiska Moore, Jon Molnar,  Lisa Vasatka, Eric Stokley, Dave and Marge Greenberg,, Laura and Greg Nalesnik.

This copy run will be a little different in that none of the volunteers have been on a run before. Having been in the same situation before when I organized my first run to Coffeyville, KS; I really appreciate what these volunteers are doing. As everyone is aware, funding is in short supply and we really only expected to do two copy runs a year. However, we were afraid that if we did not act soon, photos would be thrown away. When we had volunteers in the Atlanta area ask how they could help, we figured that just maybe we could go with local help. We also contacted OPR volunteers in the area to see if they might help. We have two volunteers that will be traveling from outside the state: Kiska from Alabama and Jon from Florida. To all of you a big salute!

Fox News 5 has already contacted me about doing a story Friday and would like to do a follow up with some shots of a family getting their restored printed photos later. The city of Austell has been very supportive of OPR's visit. The news of our copy run was sent out in a flier with everyone's water bill. FEMA that is in the same complex is also posting a flier about our visit.

More news as it comes in.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

david_gr

Margie,
Do you know when we will get access to the Austell photos? Just curious, since I'm busy with the holidays and some other things right now.
Again, it was a great experience.  Thanks.
David Gr

Mhayes

David,

Two families are available now in PhotoShelter under the folder Austell. These two families were put out so that a follow up by Fox News could be done within the following month or two. The rest of the photos taken on the Austell run will not appear until all the other photos before them are restored. I know that is great to work on photos that you personally help receive, but it wouldn't be fair for others who have waited longer in line.

Anyone wanting to restore these two families photos need to be able to get their restore back to us in a month or less. Some of these photos are difficult and some less of a challenge. Please pick only photos that you think match your skill level, as unlike other photos that can be return these photos are needed in a short time.

David, we are so happy that you and your wife Marge made the trip--you guys were a real help! I will be contacting all of you to see if you can make the interview.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]