• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Here's why I love restoring precious little boys…

Started by glennab, November 28, 2009, 09:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

I raised a beautiful little guy.  These photos are 40 years old, but I'll never forget what a charmer he was. He still is, but at over 6-feet tall and with a mustache, the effect isn't quite the same!  His ancestry is of old Italian royalty, so I named him Kevin Sean McConaghy.  Fits, don't you think?

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Glenna, your little Prince Kevin Sean McConaghy is a real cutie!  Probably turned out to be a very handsome looking guy!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie, he IS a handsome guy. At some point I'll find a scan or I'll scan a photo and post it.

Interesting that you called him a Prince, because a constant source of fun for us was the fact that after his dad left us, we dubbed our house and yard a different country.  We called it the Principality of Eccentricity.  Our state animal was - you'll never guess - the cat.  We had flag colors and a state bird. Since we were racing sailboats at the time, we had a national "yacht" (a 14-foot Sunfish).  When he went to live with his father, we called him the Prince of the Principality of Eccentricity in Exile.  (Sort of explains why he's such a creative thinker and I'm a loonie!)

I comfort myself with the fact that because we spent so much time with that sort of silliness, he didn't have the interest or time for drugs.  And he's an awesome sailor.  Can you tell that I adore my firstborn?

GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)