• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

First photo restore

Started by libby, November 30, 2009, 04:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

libby

Here is the first restore and the original.  If you see anything that needs to be changed just let me know.  I am open to any and all suggestions

Hannie

Hi Libby,

It's great to see that everything went well and you managed to post your restore on the forum!

If you stand back and take a good look at the original photo you will see that the image of the couple actually is inside of another image.  (It is a profile view of the guy)
It would be great if you can keep that combination intact!

There are a few things that jump out when I look at your restore.  The girl's face has changed, it is narrower and her mouth is different too.  The hair of both boy and girl are very different as well.  Whitening the eyes looks unnatural so that is better left alone.

It is not a good idea to use the reference photo that I sent you and stick the heads of your restore on that photo.  It is better to restore as close to the original as you can and only use the reference photo for reference when you fix hair, clothes etc. 

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I agree about the hair. The girl's is very thick and long, I have 2 daughters with hair just like it.
Hannie I never saw the profile until you pointed it out. I need more coffee I think.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Wow! Hannie, I totally missed the outline of the man's head--profile facing to the left-- with the couple sitting inside.  I agree with Tess, but you do not want to extend the hair because it will go outside the outline of the man.  I have a feeling that the background around the man's head will be a white or cream color. It almost looks like her hand is reaching up to a pendant and you can see his hand and watch. Libby when you work on a background try not to substitute it for another with a flat color, which probably happened with the reference photo as well . On a recent post (see on the side) called Baby Face, there is a link on how to work on restoring backgrounds.

Good luck on this one as it is really interesting!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]