• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Didn't get the invitation

Started by libby, November 25, 2009, 02:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

libby

:-[ hello:  I joined in Feb but for different reasons I am only now able to lend a hand at restoring photos.  I did all the reading and logged into photoshelter but I didn't get an invitation to any gallery
Can anyone help me?  Thanks

Tori803

Hi, Libby!

If you used the link to Photoshelter from the Forum, and you visited the galleries (Tess, Hannie, Margie), and you left a comment on the photo you selected (like '1st choice of one') and didn't get a response, it may be that the photo you picked was already snatched up by someone else and Photoshelter just hadn't updated yet. You should try again, or if the remaining images look too difficult for your first one, wait until after the copy run to Georgia and then try again.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Hi Libby,

Tori is right about leaving a comment under the photo you would like to work on. We suggest to request at least 2 in case your 1st choice is taken. Also, please stay in one gallery at a time when making your selection. It is real confusing if we see you have a 2nd choice and we can't find it because it is in another distributor's gallery. If you haven't got this far, go into each of the three galleries to see which gallery you would like to pick from. We let the volunteers do the picking rather than us giving you a photo.

Hope this helps and welcome to OPR. If you are logged in to the OPR forum, click on the Official OPR Handbook for helpful tips.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

libby

:loveit: I finally got onto the site and received my first pic to restore.  Thanks to those that gave me the steps to finally get there.