• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Yellow/orange image missing nose

Started by MB, October 25, 2009, 12:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB

I would love to learn how to work all the channels.  I tried recreating the color changes .....it does not work for me.   
MB

Tori803

Check out the Tutorials page for instructions on using channels. Here's one link: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,394.0.html
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Recently I upgraded from CS2 to CS4 and while I have not had a chance to try out all the new changes, that one thing that really seems like a big improvement is the Channel Mixer Adjustment. Before if you wanted an nice black and white, you checked the monochrome box and maybe the b/w version looked good or maybe you needed to play with the sliders to get what you wanted. You could go into a channel that you thought did the best job of black and white and use it or go to calculations and combine two channels and play with a blending mode. Now I go to Channel Mixer and use the pull down menu to see what channel I would like to use and then let the preset do the work. I think it works incredibly well! Here is a screen shot of the new menu.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Thanks for the tip Margie!  I didn't even know about the presets.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

startup_eng1

For CS4 users converting images to B&W:

Check out Deke McClelland's Photoshop Top 40 on YouTube. #36 explains how you can have full control over the image that you are converting. The link for this tutorial is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_g9kiIAT78

Or you can just search on: Photoshop Top 40 to see all the tutorials he has created.
BTW, Deke is still making these and is only up to #25

Regards,

Jon

Mhayes

Thanks Jon for posting that tutorial!  :up: That is going to be so much help and reminds me how much I have to learn about CS4.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

MB

I updated this post, but I am not sure it will show!!  I posted a new B& W image and i need opinions.  thanks,...ok never mind.  the imaged is on the 1st page.
MB