• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello From Connecticut!

Started by coopmj, October 08, 2009, 09:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new volunteer from CT and I'm looking forward to helping out and getting to know all of you.  I'm a bit of a photoshop "newbie", too, so I'm hoping you'll snag a few "easy" restores for me in Cedar Rapids!  I'm sure you'll see me on the forums often and I've already learned so much just be looking at some of the older threads.

Thank you all for doing such wonderful work and have a safe trip to Iowa.

Mary

Hannie

Hi Mary and a warm welcome from Amsterdam!  We're happy you have joined OPR and you can be sure that there will lots of photos to pick from in a couple of weeks.

It is amazing how much I've learned about Photo restoring and Photoshop since I've joined and I'm still learning something new every day.  There is so much valuable information in the old topics, there are many more tips and tricks that I have to try out!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Johnboy

Mary,

Welcome from Ohio. Don't worry about being a Photoshop newbie. Many of us are including yours truly are newbies even after a couple of years with this group. Besides the threads you may want to pick up a copy of Katrin Eismann's book Photoshop Restoration & Retouching if you don't already have a copy. You may have already noticed references to her in some of the threads. While I have almost read the whole book (about to start ch 10) I am only on chapter 6 working on the tutorials. The one thing you will find is that once you have the color corrected the rest of the photo is not like the last one you did. There is always some new twist to it even on the easy ones. And one other thing, keep posting your progress and ask questions. Help is not far away.

Since you have been reading the old threads, I hope you have bookmarked some for later reference.

Johnboy