• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Early Happy Birthday, Johnboy!

Started by glennab, September 15, 2009, 02:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

JB, I never know when I'm going to get a chance to be on the forum, so I wanted to be sure to get my happy birthday wishes to you now.  It's been such a joy working with you on the forum.  I hope we both have many more years together in OPR.  Maybe someday we'll get to meet at one of our magical poofer conventions or at a copy run.

Celebrate big time on your birthday.  I hope it's a wonderful one. (Be sure to keep a fire extinguisher near your birthday cake! I tease you, because I'm not far behind.)

Many hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

Thanks Glenna. Since we have had a rather cool summer all that flame may feel good. I am not sure how much celebrating we will do as my wife is having carpel tunnel surgery on Wednesday. So she will be somewhat wrapped up for the occasion. That will be a present in itself to have her hand and arm feeling better in a few weeks.

I must say Glenna that it has been awfully quiet on the forum. I didn't think there was any thing that could keep our resident word smith wordless. Tell Lon to let go of his Marine strangle hold on the cords so you can get back on the forum.  ;D

Johnboy

Tess (Tassie D)

Happy Birthday Johnboy. Hope you have a great day.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Wishing you a Happy Birthday Johnboy!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Happy Birthday Johnboy!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie, your Betty Boop animation is adorable!

JB, I hope your lady love has a quick recovery from her CTS.

I promise that as soon as I'm able to get back on the forum from my computer at home, you'll be wishing that someone would show up in Gulfport and strike every key (as in with a sledgehammer)!

I'm going to load Leopard tonight and see if that takes care of the forum issue.  With my luck it'll shut down the rest of the computer and I'll really be a basket case.

Since I don't have a lot of time to play at lunch time at work, I've had to curb my OPR activities.  Withdrawal is abysmal!  I've been using that energy to get on FaceBook and wreak havoc there.  Had some pretty good discussions on health care, have posted some photos and conned a few people into being friends. Haven't quite figured it all out, but it's more fun than I thought it would be.  Chatting real time is awesome.  Pretty silly stuff for an old lady, but it gives Iron Man something to crab about besides the cats and Twilight.

Hugs, birthday guy!

GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a rather uneventful day. My wife's surgery went fine yesterday. We started to get ready to go out for a birthday dinner but she had taken a pain pill earlier in the day and it didn't agree with her. So we put it off until tomorrow.

Glenna, hope the next cat solves your problem. Enjoy this one because it is the last OSX upgrade for our machines as Snow Leopard is for Intel machines only. I've been expecting that.

Johnboy

glennab

JB, fortunately I do have an Intel (Mac Pro), but I've heard that Snow Leopard has some issues with compatibility with other software.  I think I'll wait.  I'm even waiting on Leopard until I finish my restoration, just in case something goes awry.

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)