• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another Is This OK?

Started by PatW, September 18, 2009, 02:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatW

Ok guys, am I done yet?  (oh please say yes, oh please say yes, oh please say yes.)     :D   Just joking!... honesty truly solicited... :)

It's amazing how you see things when you post that you didn't notice when you were working.  I now see that disconcerting horizontal line across the boards.  Hey, wait a minute, it's in the original too.  Is it just a line of snow?  Should I do something with it?    :-\

Hannie

Hi Pat,

Who would have thought it can snow in Galveston?
I think the spots that I circled on the left side may be damage as well?

Great job you've done!

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

Hi Hannie,

Thanks.  You know, I looked at that a long time & thought it was mostly snow.  Sigh, I should have known that would be too good to be true.   I'll go back & make it go away now... :)

Mhayes

Nice try Pat! While snow in Galveston is rare, back on Christmas eve and day in 2004, Galveston recorded 4 in of snow. But, I don't think that is the case on this one and the area Hannie circled do looks like damage. Never hurts to try.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

Ahem... pulls self up to full height & assumes injured expression.... stricken actually......

It was merely a difference of opinion... No matter how weasely I may have been in the past, this time my heart was pure.... well mostly pure anyway.  I stared at that stuff for some time before I determined that  it was snow... in retrospect I see that perhaps my judgment was ever so slightly blinded by the desire that it be snow... but I was not actually trying to sell swampland.  

This of course in no way gives up my God given right to attempt to sell swampland in the future..... :funny:

I shall now, with nary a grumble, (or at least certainly not one you two can hear) proceed to make my beloved snow go away.

P.S.  The stuff on the right is definitely snow. 

Johnboy

Well Pat where is the deed to the swamp. When I first looked at it I thought of a tire track in the snow. You know, like when you drive over snow and then it melts later leaving an icy track. I also wondered where the other track may be since the snow on the right doesn't seem to show any marks. So if it were a tire track I would suspect it to be to the left. Any way how big is this swamp?  ::)

Johnboy

Ausimax

I think it would be worth checking, the white stuff does not look like damage - it could be snow or foam and in either case it could be the very reason the photo was taken.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

I used the original photo and did some curves to get a better view of the spots, maybe this helps!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

Hi Hannie,

What originally led me to believe that at least some of that stuff was snow, especially the spots at the bottom of the oval you drew, was the way the cracks between the boards still show.  A light snow often melts first at the cracks. 

Thanks Max!  Even if I misjudged which of the white stuff was snow, I also think that was probably the reason the photo was taken.

I'll resume "snow" removal this evening.  Since today is our only free day & the weather is so gorgeous, we & our little dog are off in search of adventure.   :)

Mhayes

Hi Pat,

OK, all those in favor of snow weigh in on this one and I will see if I can find out.  :cool:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, these spots are a riddle to me.  When you look at the top part of it on my image, they are stains but the bottom and middle, like Pat already mentioned, looks like snow melting at the cracks.
(somehow that sounds funny)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

battleaxe

looks like a tire track in the snow to me...can almost see part of  the other one to the right

lurch

Were there vehicles with tires on the docks in those days? Looks like a stain to me.
<C>

kiska

In my humble opinion I think it's damage. The other snow is white. Also, if it was a tire track, the perspective would make it smaller as it got closer to the train....depth of field.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

PatW

The more I look at it, the more I think it's both.  The yellowish vertical stuff is damage & the whiter horizontal stuff under that is snow.  I still think the spots at the bottom of the oval Hannie drew are snow, but my mind is starting to fuzz up.  (Poor thing isn't used to being worked this hard.  :D )