• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another Is This OK?

Started by PatW, September 18, 2009, 02:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Pat, guess what? There is another possibility of what the white stuff could be--cotton! Brian Davis and Jami Durham, Galveston Historical Foundation, had two different theories.

QuoteJami: "Cotton was big business on the docks in Galveston.

QuoteBrian: "It maybe snow (or cotton) I remember several of the photos showed ice on the water, which is almost unheard of in Galveston. We did have snow in 1899, the year before the 1900 storm I believe." When asked about the tracks: "They would have had buggies out on the dock or carts, to help move the materials around."

On the left where Hannie has circled is most likely damage and Brian threw out a possibility of what might have caused it: "It almost appears in one of the photos that the stain is a ring almost like a coffee cup someones put down in the past. Just a thought."

So Pat, if your mind is starting to fuzz up, could it be from the cotton?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

A little late getting back but here I am again.   (My lame-o excuse is that things got a little nuts here for awhile)   :-[

After I made my "historical snow" go away I kept finding other things in need of tweaking.  This photo has pretty much been one anguished Aaargh after another.    Sooo... can I stop whining & grumbling yet?

Hannie

Hi Pat,

I'd say send this baby home!

:up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you.  :loveit:

PatW

Hannie...  Right after I uploaded this, I realized that I didn't get the IPTC info back in the photo.   Should I put it in & upload it again?

Sorry about that!

Hannie

Yes Pat, it would be a great help if you could do that!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Pat,

I got you second upload, thanks!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW