• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

When to stop

Started by philbach, September 09, 2009, 07:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Enclosed is a photo probably from the Galveston Historical Foundation.  Ive converted it to B&W using Channel Mixer and increased the contrast via curves.  I have not sharpened it and as you can see things are very blurry.   I think I should stop now and submit it as it is now but I was just wondering what others might think?  There are several areas that I don't know whether they are original to the photo or artifacts.

phil

Mhayes

Phil, I think you have taken it as far as you can go. The only thing you might want to do is maybe restore the tile on the roof on the lower part of the photo. I know this does not come out like you would like, but now without the pink cast it gives a clearer picture than before. You did the best job on something that is never going to look that great, but that is the fault of the photo.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

The lower part of the photo was sort of a mystery to me.  I thought it might be the edge of a roof line in the bottom foreground.  Or perhaps when this was photographed the photo went beyond the edge some.  But I will touch it up some before I send er in.  thanks
phil