• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Orphan baby...

Started by Hannie, September 08, 2009, 03:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

I hope everyone on the other side of the pond had a great Labour Day, enjoyed your weekend and had a delicious barbecue to top it all off!

Those of you who live in New York, are you aware that this month it is exactly 400 years ago that Henry Hudson sailed his VOC ship De Halve Maen from Amsterdam to find a new passage to Asia?
The journey wasn't a great success so Hudson decide to turn around and sail west instead of going east.
The rest is history, although there is still a receipt here somewhere stating that the Dutch paid 60 guilders for Manhattan so it is rightfully ours!  (or did the guarantee run out already?)
Just kidding, we won't invade Manhattan just yet!

There is another, more pressing issue I'd like to address:  I have this cute little orphan Howell baby in my gallery, just longing to go back home!  Is there anyone who could try and clean it up a little, doesn't have to turn out a mantelpiece, just a little cleaner, that's all!

Thanks,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

krishirt

Hannie, I've put in twice now that I'd try to give that photo a fix up...don't know how successful I'd be, but I don't know why you haven't gotten my response. I know that photo has been in there a long time, and I'd asked if it would be permissible to replace the baby's right hand with another, if I could find another photo where that would work. Anyway, if you'd like, send it to me!

We DID have a lovely weekend, with the holiday - didn't do anything special, but I do enjoy those weekends with two Saturdays! :up:

Hannie

Hi Kris,

Thanks for looking after this baby, you are a hero!

Your name was on the comment list once some time ago, but someone else had placed a comment earlier and got the photo.  The volunteer has returned the photo, due to lack of time.
There are no other photos of this baby so it is probably best to keep the area of the right hand a little blurry.

Lurch, I saw you also left a comment but Kris is the lucky one!

For all new volunteers:  please remember that when you leave a comment for a photo in one of the galleries, you may not get that particular photo.   (To keep the workload doable, we do not send emails when this happens)

Thanks everyone,

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

krishirt

Thanks, Hannie. I'll try to do a good job on this little one's face and not worry too much about the rest. Easier said than done, of course! I've been looking at this photo for a long time, probably because the baby reminds me somewhat of my daughter - who is now 25. I think I did a couple of others for Howell, so yeah, it's high time this was done and back home.

Hannie

It is a sweet baby isn't it?  Thanks so much and anything you can do to improve it just a little would be great!

Thanks,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]